ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

Once his voice steadily travels in, the long curtain is suddenly lifted by someone, a beautiful women in palace attire slowly walks out, her clothing originally of the world’s most luxurious brocade, the most skilful needlework, if worn by others, the clothing will definitely display its glory, but when worn by Consort Ying, it actually appears even more peerlessly beautiful, such beauty that overturns states and cities.

“You’ve finally came.” Her tone carrying complain, as though blaming, as though happy.

Indifferently sweeping his eyes across the person before him, Lou Che’s tone is as calm as still water: “This subject has but only left the Capital for three days.”

“Three days?” As though feeling hurt by Lou Che’s coldness, Yao Ying’s light, tenderly pretty voice slightly quivers, “These three days have been longer than that of a year ah~.”

Declining to comment, Lou Che remains silent, solemnly standing near the doors of the inner chambers.

Unease and dejection rapidly flashing by the face, and with another change, a sweet smile replaces the fleeting expressions, Yao Ying sweet and delicate voice calls out: “Che, come in and take a seat.”

“This subject dares not to act rashly, Lady Consort is expecting a child, it is best to take good care of your body. Now that I see Lady Consort is safe and sound, this subject’s heart is put at ease, and hopes to request my leave.” Lou Che pays his respect, intending to turn around and leave just like that.

“Wait.” A tenderly desperate voice suddenly sounds, even Yao Ying herself was surprised, she heartbreakingly says, “Do you think that I used mild illness as a reason to cheat you back? Are you mad at me? I really did not lie to you.” Each word like a sob, with unlimited desolation, wanting to restore some of the things she has gradually lost.

Attentively staring at that sort of face that one cannot help but to be moved by[1], Lou Che loosens up his expression a bit, gently consoling: “I do not blame you, nor am I mad at you……” It is just that he is regretful, why did he have rushed back when they were outside Qu Zhou City?

Hearing his answer, seeing his expression like a stranger to her, she does not feel relieved, and instead feels even more sorrowful, softly saying: “Do you already not care anymore? Towards everything regarding me, do you not care at all now?”

His feelings moved by such soft voice of hers, Lou Che bitterly smiles: “You are already pregnant now, don’t think too much, just take care of yourself.”

“Why do I have to take care, why? Why do I have conceive the child of a man I do not love……?” Her emotions had almost come crashing down, because of the suspicions and jealousy held in for a long time, the longing endlessly torturing her exhausted heart, in this moment, she loses the reason that she had dressed up for, neglecting any sort of manners or bearings, not caring for the appearance she had just tidied up, Yao Ying let loose the tears and weeps aloud.

Shocked by the situation before him, Lou Che’s brows tightly knits together, walking up front, he looks at Yao Ying whose face is already filled with tears, saying: “Ying-er……calm down, I need to talk to you.”

Aware of her own impropriety and distress, Yao Ying was also rather embarra.s.sed, taking in a deep breath, the sounds of weeping gradually comes to a rest, an upright bearing stands presently as she calms down her strained heart, tenderly looking at Lou Che, waiting for him to speak.

After signalling for her to sit at the settee, he takes a seat nearby, his face of such radiantly warm elegance, showing indistinguishable emotions as he says in a low tone: “In future when your child is born, if it’s a boy, it may very possibly become the next generation of monarch……” Ignoring Yao Ying’s expression of complexity, he continues explaining his a.n.a.lysis, “I believe you should be able to sense, just how much the his majesty loves you, not caring for other people’s perception, three thousand worth of doting love all on you alone……”