ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

Comenzar desde el principio

Showing no reaction, Gui Wan picks up the bamboo pick and p.r.i.c.ks into a grape, placing it into her mouth, gently chewing, and says nothing. Yu Han He felt somewhat desperate, unable to refrain from speaking: “This cannot be good, the Empress……” The slightly condemning look in Gui Wan’s eyes stops him from saying the following words, shame emerges on Yu Yan He’s face, he was only just reminded that there are other people here.

“Gui Wan.” A mellow voice interrupts their exchange, Lou Che struts up on a horse.

Spreading a graceful smile, Gui Wan looks towards Lou Che, asking: “Has something happened?”

A great sense of guilt wells up in his heart, Lou Che attentively looks at the one inside the carriage, thinking back to leaving the Capital City the day before, his original intentions were to accompany Gui Wan in sending off Yu Yan He; secondly with the summer season approaching, he had wanted to accompany Gui Wan avoid the summer heat (spend summer break), that is why, no matter how many times the palace sent for people to urge him into returning, he would always ignore them, but right now……his hand clenches with the note in hold, Lou Che was faced with extreme difficulty.

Noticing his hesitation and difficulty, Gui Wan averts her eyes away, still smiling as per usual, a tidal wave of feelings washes over her eyes, revealing a trace of loneliness and disappointment that pa.s.ses by in a flash.

“Gui Wan,” His voice quiet as his calling out towards her holds an infinite amount of difficulty, “Urgent matters have arose in the palace, I need to return this once.” Unable to explain the details, Lou Che felt a little annoyed, seeing Gui Wan hear this and only smile in understanding, with no other response at all, his feelings were jumbled up into a rather complex state.

Riding the horse up close to the carriage, under everyone’s watchful eyes, Lou Che lowers his body, planting a soft kiss on Gui Wan’s cheek, upon leaning in towards her ear, his warm breath hits the outer area of her ear as he softly says: “Wait for me, I’ll quickly go and return.” Having said that, he looks deep into Gui Wan’s eyes, before turning around and riding off on his horse.

The guards surrounding the horse carriages, were all dumbstruck, although Prime Minister Lou’s doting love for his wife is known throughout the land, but to see it personally with their own eyes, is something that they really cannot get used to, Yu Yan He also appeared absolutely baffled, watching Lou Che go behind the carriage team, giving out some sort of order, before leading eight guards as they speedily head down the road that they came from, he turns back to look at his own little sister, laughingly saying: “Looks Brother-in-law treats you……” His words comes to an abrupt stop, looking shocked as he sees Gui Wan’s smile, such illusive smile, only he as an older brother would understand, just how much loss and disappointment that smile is concealing.

“Gui Wan……” A sound of soft calling, filled with the hidden meanings of Yu Yan He’s worry and concern.

Hundreds of feelings gathers in her heart, indistinguishable at this moment, hearing Brother’s gentle calling, Gui Wan lets out a laugh, the faint, distant laughter has grown ever so resonant, attentively gazing at Yu Yan He, she says: “Is Brother worrying about me?” When the last syllable was sounded, all traces of melancholy has already been completely swept away.

Sensing that the matter seems to concern Lou Che’s leaving, Yu Yan He gently says: “We can stay at the place in front for two days, and wait for Brother-in-law’s return.”

“No need,” Flatly rejecting this suggestion, Gui Wan’s indifferent att.i.tude causes her tone to stretch exceptionally far apart, “It is not possible for him to hurry back, we shall continue making out way to Qu Zhou, there are still many things to do.”