homecoming game, j. remember!!

ughhh. that's too far away. i want you now

needy aren't we, jordan baker?

stacey adams you better stop this subtle flirting before i drive over there right now

hey! you started it

i know i knowww. we can still hang out casually though, right? like lunch at school or homework at Boulevard?

i'm fine with that :)

Stacey waited for Jordan's next response, but Hayden's name took over her screen. She answered the call.

"Hey, what's up?" she asked.

"Good and bad news," he started off with. Stacey braced herself. "Good news is that our legal team is clearing everything up with the news."

"What's the bad news?" Stacey clutched her pillow against her chest, anxious for what else was to come.

Hayden sighed. "Even though we're getting it cleared up, some investors - and my father - are concerned of what even happened that night. They're afraid I'm too close to you."

Stacey wanted to protest, but they were somewhat right. Hayden did make a move that night.

When you turn eighteen I want to ask you out on a proper date. Just one. After that, you can decide what you want, he had said.

She cringed at the memory. Her and Jordan's relationship was messy at that point and she used Hayden as an emotional rebound. Now, she didn't know why she ever let him say that to her.

"Well, you don't feel what you did from then right? We're just business partners now," she clarified.

Hayden stayed silent on the other end for a moment. "Yes. Strictly business partners."

"Then tell that to everyone," she said. "Once I turn eighteen and get college situated out, I swear I'll take over more."

"Okay, but it's doing fine here. As long as you keep sending some designs we're good," he told her.

"Great. Thanks for everything."

"Of course. I'll text you updates with everything."

Stacey ended the call and pulled out her laptop, planning her day with Asher tomorrow.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

The next morning, Stacey packed her things in her car before opening Asher's door and letting the light from outside shine in his room.

He groaned, putting his pillow over his head. "Stacey! Let me sleep."

"Nope. We're going to the beach today," she stated, throwing his covers off of him.

Asher peeked up at her. "What time is it?"

"Eight."

"But we have school."

Stacey laughed. "You seriously want to go to school rather than the beach?"

Asher stayed silent for a moment. "Okay. Fine, but I have to be back before practice at three."

Stacey smiled. "You got it. I'll be in the car so hurry up."

Asher took twenty minutes to get ready and gather his belongings. He got in the car, a bit sleepy still and confused as to what was happening.

"Why are we all of a sudden spending a day together?" asked Asher. "I mean, I'm grateful to spend time with you because we haven't in a while, but why all of a sudden?"