15. Takeover

We ran through the halls and just about reached the Great Hall as we left our meeting.

He was just behind me as I was soon stopped upon entering the Great Hall. He ran into me pushing me forwards into Harry as he was on his way out.

"Oh, Scarlett. Are you okay?" He asked as he helped me up only for Draco to scowl and help me up himself, pulling me to his side.

"She's fine, aren't you Scar?" I nodded and turned back to Harry.

"What's happening, why were you guys rushing out?"

"There, see..." he pointed behind me to the steps where McGonagall and Umbridge were holding a boisterous conversation.

"Professor, but exactly are you insinuating?" They took a few steps of the stairs as McGonagall turned to respond to Umrbidge.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices."

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you are questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." She took a step up and the crowd of students watching all gasped and muttered.

"Not at all, Dolores. Merely your medieval methods."

The lady in pink stood tensed as she looked up to McGonagall, "I am sorry dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant women,"

I turned Draco and smirked, "Ten Galleons she says something about loyalty to the Ministry."

He eyed the professors then turned back to me, "Okay, Ten Galleons she doesn't." We both smirked as we turned back to the conversation.

"But the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." I titled my head to Draco who sighed and placed Ten Galleons in my charmed bag.

"Thank you~" I whispered and he rolled his eyes as McGonagall stepped down from the stairs.

"Disloyalty?" Umbridge eyed her and turned to the crowd we were in.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

Everyone muttered and turned to one another as we all pondered over her words.

Yet within the next hour, Mr. Filch was hammering a decree onto the stone wall that rested outside the Great Hall.

The next morning there were many articles in the Daily Prophet about Fudge giving her a higher post in the school

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The next morning there were many articles in the Daily Prophet about Fudge giving her a higher post in the school.

Throughout the week she would check in through our classes as she would inspect the teachers.

Divination was one where she wasn't impressed much, I could tell.

"One question dear. You have been in this post for how long exactly?" Umbridge was circling Trelawny as she awaited an answer.