Anxiety / Meeting Bruce 🔥

Start from the beginning

Only when my lungs started to burn, did I pull away. Gasping in air and swallowing it down rapidly.

A string of saliva hung in between our mouths, warm and wet. Stretching out before breaking as Jason leaned back in his seat. The burning in my cheeks grew as Jason moved his hand up, wiping the saliva away off my chin.

We just sat there panting, staring lustfully into each other's eyes. Neither of us dared to look away. Not that either of us wanted too. "Jason...I think...no...I do love you too."

Those words rung out in my ears, making my stomach do flips. I never thought I'd ever be able to say those words back to someone. I'd heard them so many times. From so many people. Some that meant it and some that didn't. I knew Jason ment it. And so did I.

"I love you." This time the words came out sure and strong as my smile grew. A laugh left my lips when he hugged me tightly to his chest, his own laughing resonating in my ears.

I just stayed in his arms for a long moment. Taking everything in from the way he held me to the way he smelled and even the sound of his laugh. I loved it all.

He held me tight, still laughing into my ear. "We should get inside. The quicker we get back, the quicker I can really kiss you." When I pulled away, he winked and I bit my lip, letting it pop back out before licking it.

That wasn't his best kiss? Damn.

I was out of his lap and out of the car in seconds, making him laugh harder. His head shaking as he did. Grinning back at him sheepishly, I rolled my eyes. "Come on."

He got out and followed me inside,
pulling me into him with an arm around me. His hand tucked down into the back pocket of my pants and I had to force the squeal back down my throat.

I've cried and giggled in front of him so far. No way was I about to squeal like some middle schooler. But I did grin, tucking myself in closer to him as we made our way to the elevator.

_________________________________

Tim's POV 8yrs old

Everyone around me was moving quickly. Going back and forth from desks too fileing cabinets. Shouting words and scentences that I didn't fully understand.

When I tried to get someone's attention, they just patted my head and told me everything would be okay.

What would be okay?

I had no idea what was going on. The only thing I knew, was that a police officer showed up and took me away from Alice. She was crying. Why was she crying? Why didn't she come with us?

I stood up from the seat I was placed in and grabbed onto the next person that walked by me. It was a lady that reminded me of mommy. She was pretty and tall. "Where's mommy and daddy? Where's Alice? I wanna go home."

She looked down at me with sadness in her eyes and it confused me even more. When she knelt down to my height, she moved her hand to my face, pushing some hair from my eyes.

I flinched and stepped back, eyeing her cautiously. I watched her face scrunch up in thought at my reaction, but she just shook her head and pulled her hand away. "I know you want to go home, pumpkin," she stopped, pausing to take a deep breath before looking off to the side.

When she looked back at me, her lip twitched into a soft smile. I found something reassuring in it, but didn't let my guard down. I still didn't trust her. "You're gonna be staying with a really nice man okay. Do you know who Mr. Wayne is?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest, taking another step back. "Yeah, he works with daddy. I don't wanna stay with him. I wanna go home." My voice cracked as I talked, coming out soft, scared and small.

Hot, unwanted tears made their way down my cheeks and my throat felt so tight as I tried to swallow. I didn't like it at all.

Why couldn't I just go home? Home to Alice. Home to mommy and daddy. Even if they weren't there, I still didn't want to be here.

The lady frowned, moving her hand up again. Whining angrily, I slapped it away. A broken sob escaping my mouth as I stepped back again, feeling the wall behind me blocking me from moving any further away.

My hands shook and I fisted them at my sides, feeling dread wash over me.

Another woman walked over. She didn't look like mommy at all. She had dark skin and short hair. Her eyes did look kind though and she offered me a reassuring smile. "Hey, baby, it's all gonna be okay. Mr. Wayne is a good man and he really wants to help you."

I looked back and forth between them, wanting to leave, but they were blocking the only exit I could see and I knew I was too small and slow to be able to get around them.

They seemed nice enough though, and I liked Mr. Wayne. He always said hi to me and asked me how I was doing. It made me feel included. Wanted. Loved.

Sobbing softly, I finally took a step forward. "Why can't I go home though?" Both ladies looked at each other seeming to talk to each other silently before looking back at me. The one that looked like mommy just stood back up and walked away, while the other stayed.

She offered me her hand, but I just stared at it. Unmoving from my spot. After a moment, she just nodded and pulled her hand back. "Okay...Baby, things at your home are just a little complicated right now. You won't be able to see mommy or daddy again."

My breath hitched and I felt sick. "W-why not?" My eyes were glued to hers, wide and scared. She sighed out slowly and suddenly I could see the tears she was trying to hold back too. "Baby, they got into an accident."

I didn't hear anything else as I hit my knees. I wanted to throw up from how hard I was crying. When I felt arms lifting me up, the pain in my chest felt worse than the physical contact, so I didn't push away. I didn't know whose arms I was in and I didnt care.

Shoving my face into a soft jacket, I just tried to hide from everything around me. From everyone around me. Pushing myself down into my own little world, trying to convince my mind that this wasn't real.

A hand rubbed my back and I was drawn back reality when someone spoke. "It's gonna be okay, Tim...I'm so sorry." The voice was low and deep and I immediately recognized it as Mr. Wayne.

I took a shallow breath, hiccups making my chest spasm into his. He just held me close and soon the noise died down and cold air rushed past me, making me realize he was carrying me outside.

"W-where we goin?" I didn't move my face. I didn't want to look up. Honestly, I didn't care, but I asked anyway. "Home, Tim. We're going home."

Home?

The way he said it made me feel better for some reason. I wanted to hate this. I wanted to scream and run, but I felt so comforted by that one word. It already held more meaning than the place I knew before.

As I relaxed and my tears dried, I suddenly felt so sleepy. I rubbed my eyes before tucking myself into him further, nodding as I yawned. "Okay." As my eyes closed, the last thing I heard was. "Alfred, take us home."