𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞

Content Warning: Panic attack and negative thoughts.

⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

A week after the wedding, Elladora was sat at home alone while James was on a mission, waiting for Alice and Mary to arrive.

She had called them there urgently only ten minutes ago.

There was a knock at the door, and Elladora ran to open it.

"Thank fuck." Elladora said and dragged the girls in.

"Ellie what's wrong?" Alice asked softly as she saw how stressed Elladora was.

Her hair was a mess and she looked ill.

"I need your help." She blurted out as she began to pace.

"What with?" Mary asked in a similar tone to Alice.

"Ellie, stop pacing, sit down and explain what's wrong." Alice suggested.

Elladora did so.

"Right, so my period's late and I've been throwing up all morning, so I went to a shop this morning and got a pregnancy test."

Alice's eyes went wide while Mary's mouth went agape.

"And? What did it say?" Alice pressed.

Elladora shook her head, "I don't know I haven't taken it yet, I needed someone here."

The girls smiled softly.

"Ellie, I'm sure everything's fine. If you are pregnant then so be it. James loves you and you're getting married in a few months. He'd be an amazing dad." Mary said kindly, and in full honesty.

"Or he could leave and fuck off again." Elladora stated fiercely. "Fuck, ok, I'm going to take the test."

Elladora went into the bathroom where the test was sat in its untouched box. Elladora ripped it open and peed on it quickly before pretty much throwing it on the counter and running out of the bathroom after washing her hands.

"How long does it take?" Alice asked.

"Three minutes."

Alice found an egg timer in a drawer in the kitchen and set it to three minutes.

And those three minutes were the most antagonisingly slow minutes of her life.

The egg timer went off, and Elladora refused to move.

"You check it." Elladora told Mary.

Mary nodded and took a deep breath.

She went into the bathroom before reappearing with the test in her hand. Alice was holding onto Elladora for support.

"Ok, it says that it's...positive." Mary said.

Elladora's legs lost all feeling as she leant on Alice.