𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Content Warning: Towards the end of this chapter there is mentions of sexual assault.

⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

"Well, this sure is a nice surprise." James said as he leant against the wall smirking at Elladora.

Elladora sighed and rolled her eyes, "I was just passing, Potter, don't get your hopes up."

James's smile didn't falter for a moment, "Ahh, no point denying yourself the truth, Elladora, I know that you're here to see me."

Elladora pinched the bridge of her nose and stopped herself from cursing him.

"What are you doing here then?" James asked curiously.

"Slytherin common room is like a brothel, I walked in on Reg and Ev - and here I am."

James laughed, "Well fuck, that sounds like a lot."

Elladora nodded. This was the most civil conversation she had held with James since they were eleven. James, to be fair to him, had been trying for over two months to get her to speak to him, but she was too stubborn.

And normally, she would have cursed the boy and walked away - like normal - but she was tired. She was tired of arguing, for now, and needed a break from her own negativity for a moment.

She, against her own will, sat down leaning against the wall - and James followed the action on the wall opposite him - not wanting to push his luck.

"How was your date?" Elladora asked James, assuming that the boy would have found someone.

James shook his head, "Didn't have one, Elladora."

"For fucks sake, Potter, call me Ellie. Maybe in time you can earn Dora back - but just call me fucking Ellie."

James smiled to himself. He had a chance. An actual hope of at least becoming her friend again.

"I assume you still hate Valentine's Day?" He said, completely failing to mention that Peter had just reminded him of the fact.

Elladora hummed in agreement, "What a shit holiday."

James snorted, "I think it's romantic if you're in love." He shrugged.

"Love is a thing of fiction."

"Why do you say that?"

"If the unconditional, all healing, all consuming love was a thing - then why would people fall out of it so easily? How is something that is supposed to end wars and defeat the darkness - so fickle and...I don't know, fake I guess"

James was shocked by her confession, knowing that she hadn't always been this cynical. He wondered - for a moment - what she might have been like if he hadn't left her. And it was a thought that sent a sick wash of guilt through him.