(5) just great

Elsas POV

"El, wake up." I heard Carls voice yell loudly. I shot up and by the look in Carls eyes, knew something was wrong.

"Walkers. Everywhere." Carl says, panicky.

"Just great." I mumbled after looking out the window.

"We need to get everyone else out."

"Everyone else is out! They left us." Carl says, tears forming in his eyes. I walked up to him and cupped his cheeks in my hands...kinda...I still have a cast on my left arm.

I leaned up and pecked his lips.(A/N: Like a woodpecker. Hehehe.)

"Elsa, we seriously need to get out of here."

Good job, Carl. I literally forgot about the hundreds of walkers outside that are now banging against the walls.

Out of nowhere, a baby's cries sound. Carl and I share a look and run towards it. It's coming from Nash and Hayes' closet. I threw open the clost door to reveal Judith in her nighties...aka a pastel purple one piece thingy. Her baby bag is right next to her, so I leave Carl to pick that up as I calm her. Carl grabs it, throwing it over his shoulder and leading me...us out of the room.  I hear soct groans from behind me, but don't think much of it as Carl leads us into another room and walks away to 'find an escape'. I gently lay the now sleeping Judith on the bed in here and turn around. This is Rhee's room. I can tell by the picture of all of us on the desk that I'm now walking towards. It's dawn, so there's a small amount of light. Enough light that I see the shadow of a walker, I quickly turned around, but was tackled back by the walker. I lost my balance and fell, hitting my head on the wooden desk. Automatically, everything goes blurry and starts spinning, but I can still see the walkers face. Hayes. Oh my god. NO! Before I could react, a chunk of my upper arm is being swallowed by walker Hayes. I scream as a sob...which sounds weird...but don't judge me! I was just bit by my non-biological brother!

"Carl! Please, help." I sobbed, managing to get Hayes off of me and cover my bite before being attacked again, but this time he didn't bite me. I tightly gripped his wrists-as good as I could because of my stupid brace- and held him above me. I'm so gonna die. I'm never gonna say bye to my mom. I'm never gonna get to kiss Carl again. I'm not gonna see Judith grow up... I'm gonna die.

I heard quick footsteps, then the now dead weight of Hayes be ripped off of me. Carl pulled me to my feet.

"Did he bite you?" he asked after looking at Hayes. I shook my head no. I can't make him sad. It'll slow him down and it could kill him and Judith.

After grabbing the unharmed Judith, Carl led us out of the house and through a gap of walkers, me stumbling because I'm still dizzy.

"Where could they be!?" Carl whisper yelled to me.

"There's a barn a mile from here. That's our best bet."
***

We enter the barn and I nearly scream. Everyone-besides Hayes-is tied up in here.

"Carl, start untyin' them. I'm gonna take watch." I whispered, putting Judith down and running to the farm door. I shut it and looked through the crack although it's hard to see straight.

"Elsa, you're bleeding." Maggie says from behind me, quite enough so only I hear her. I turn around with tears in my eyes.

"Ha-Hayes bit me. Please don't tell anybody!" I panicked, almost collapsing from dizziness. Maggie started crying and pulled me into a tight hug, which I gladly returned.

"I know that this isn't the best way to break it to you, but Ansel, Rhee, and Cam are bit and Nash is shot." Maggie whispered, pulling away. My eyes widened. I looked over to see Rick shaking Rhee. Omfg. She isn't responding at all.

"Guys! Ansel isn't moving either!" Carl yelled. I ran to Ansel and shook him rapidly...kinda... One arm is broken and the other is bit...

"Ansel, wake your fatt arse up." I sobbed, giving up. Both Ansel and Rhee are dead...