There he stands, in all his overwhelming and entrancing glory.

He looks down at me, a gentle smile on his lips. He's even more gorgeous close-up, and I'm totally lost for words. All his enrapturing features are now magnified in my eyes, and I begin to question whether or not he is real. How can someone even be this beautiful? He's utterly irresistible. 

"My name is Bennett Everheart."

Bennett.

I lean back in my chair, dazzled by his charming smile and perfect teeth. I feel like a fool, suddenly unable to speak, but how could I when in the presence of such a man? Anyone would freeze in front of him.

Jeanette clears her throat beside me, but I can't look away from him.

"My name's Jeanette! I'm Lanie's friend." She puts her hand on my shoulder, giving me a light squeeze and trying to snap me out of my trance.

His body straightens up when Jeanette says my name, something obviously overcoming him. My head tilts to the side as I gauge his reaction, my hair falling off my shoulder. 

He notices. 

And I notice the slight shift in his eyes as he watches me.

Suddenly, the heavy hand on my should disappears, the confines of my desk dissolve, and the suffocating classroom dissipates.

And it's just us.

He still stares at me, something special and beautiful in his eyes.

I feel such a profound, surreal closeness with him. I was so worried before this... worried about how I felt and who he was. But now that he's here, and with me, it's simply paradise. Everything in me tells me to reach out and touch him. To rush out of where I sit and fall into his gentle and easy hold.

As we behold each other, a strong current of electric blue water shoots into the air from the ground and sloshes across the glassed floor. Initially, it moves violently, almost unsure of where to go. The sound and movement of the current scares me, but my eyes remain on Bennett until the mysterious water calms. It settles softly at my feet before slowly creeping up my leg and torso. The water feels warm across my cold and tired skin, and, for some reason, I welcome it now unafraid. The current soon finds its way to my heart, the water curling delicately around it. A chill passes through me as the water envelopes me. The water then shoots out towards Bennett, and a pang of fear hits me, nervous the water might drown him. But the current doesn't drown him, and instead makes contact with his chest, immediately encompassing his heart before taking over the rest of him. We are now connected by this mystical, warm, blue water. We stay like this for a second, our hearts joined by the water.

"Lanie..." He whispers. He takes another steps towards me, but, like earlier in the morning, he stops himself. 

I feel like screaming. All I want is him closer to me.

He clears his throat. "Lanie is a beautiful name."

I suddenly snap back into reality, and Jeanette's hand, my desk, and the rest of the classroom all reappear. 

Disappointment settles at the bottle of my stomach while confusion occupies my head.

What was that feeling?

That didn't just happen did it?

The water?

"Thank you," I respond. "Bennett is a really nice name too."

I love the way his name sounds on my lips.

"Thanks," he says with yet another smile. "And it's great to meet you Jeanette."

Jeanette nods at him and removes her hand off my shoulder, happy that I have come out of my love-struck trance.

"So," he drags. My hands clutch each other under the desk. "Is this calc one with Mr. Morales? Or do I have the wrong class," he asks, light laughter filling his last sentence as he looks over the paper in his hand.

I smile. His laugh is sweet. "You have the right class!" I reassure him.

"Okay, cool. Is this seat taken?" He asks, pointing to the desk directly next to me.

I take in a breath. "No! You can totally have it," I say quickly, not taking a second to think if someone actually sits there. 

"Awesome!" He says happily.

I smile again, glad that he sounds happy.

He slides into the desk next to me, and I'm delighted that he's now closer. All I want is to be near him.

"So, where are you from?"

✰✰✰

Sorry that this is a bit short. It had been so long since I updated that I just wanted to get this out! Let me know what you think! I'll update quicker if you want me to! Just lmk!

rosesred <3