Epilogue

Brian Jackson Xavier was born on Thursday, January 10, 1963, at approximately 4:24 a.m. He had no physical mutation to show, but his mind had certainly matured with his body.  His intelligence showed almost instantly.  Named after Charles Xavier's father, Brian Xavier, who had passed when Charles was a young boy.  It was a miracle that both the baby and Kat survived.

        Charles Xavier and Christiana Hazel were then engaged at approximately 4:25 a.m. that very same morning.  

        On that day, Kat became Christiana Hazel for good.  

        And on August 15, 1963, she became Christiana Xavier.  

        At nearly a year old, Brian had aged to physical maturity of three, though his mental age had broadened to that of a six-year-old. He began to grow cat ears atop his head along with the beginnings of a tail at this age. Christiana had never been prouder, and she spent as much time as she could teaching him like she had once been taught before.

        At two years old, Brian began having visions of what would come in the near future. He guessed what gifts he would get for Christmas, and he knew when there would be new students arriving and what their abilities would be. That and so much more.  

        For years his growing progressed and Brian learned quickly. Though it wasn't until he turned six that it stopped, at a time when Hank said he would physically be eighteen. They changed the year on Brian's birth certificate to accommodate the change at his own request, though he still stayed home.

        But it didn't last long.

1973

        Christiana had thought that nothing in the world could ever harm her family or her students. Her life was different, a certain kind of perfect built around her family and their school in the Xavier mansion. And for the longest time, she didn't believe anything could go wrong.

        Christiana had been blind.

        They couldn't stop the Vietnam War from happening, and nothing could stop the day that Brian was drafted. After that, it seemed there was nothing to stop Charles from falling apart. Once he gave up, she found that she had no choice.

        She took one last look around at the mansion as she descended the grand staircase to the main front doors, her sunglasses propped atop her head. Her time was up here, as the school was never going to start back up, and Charles would never be hers again. She'd said goodbye to Hank, told him that she had to leave, and he forgave her before she ever said a word.

        It was time to go.

        Christiana dropped one bag by her side to open one of the doors. Only she was faced with a large, muscled man with a beard and dark eyes. He looked determined in his leather jacket, button-up shirt, jeans, and boots.

        "Can I help you?" She asked, confused as to why anyone would be at their door anyway.  

        "You must be Kat," the man said gruffly as he looked her up and down. His eyes landed on her bags. "And I must be here just in time."

TBC