𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦

Bucky's day was normal until he spotted you. The way your laughter filled him with joy. You were the one person who seemed to make all the bad melt away. The daymares melt away. The constant reminder of all the people he had killed being pushed to the back of his mind. He had just seen you from across the store and you already had him feeling like this what would happen if you were to talk to him. You had elegance in your step. A red-headed woman walked alongside you. She seemed pumped to be shopping while you didn't but that didn't stop you from what looks like spending a lot of money on clothes but maybe those were your friend's bags. As if you had teleported you were there in front of him. Except for this time the bags you once carried were now on the floor.

         Even though he had knocked your bags out of your hands you still gave him your number. Not before bugging him about how old his phone is. What can he say old technology just agrees with him better. Maybe that's because he was alive in the 40s. He was one hundred percent a nerd. So he should be good with new technology but he isn't. I guess when you get frozen for 70 years you tend to miss a few things. Pondering to himself he wondered if it would be creepy to text you right now I mean you had just left the store. He decides to do it whether it was creepy or not. He really liked you. Just from talking to you for a minute maybe less. You were strong confident and god you were cute. He could feel the blush coming to his face as he thought about you before he could stop himself he was sending you a text.

Hey this is Bucky

A little bit of time passes but it feels like such a long time he nearly drops his phone when it buzzes.

Hey it's Y/N

His heart skips a beat your name was so gorgeous.

So I finally get to know your name haha

That was stupid of him to say but he did and now he couldn't take it back.

Yeah, guess you do. Sorry, best friend duty calls. Talk soon <3

        It seemed logical you were with someone when he bumped into you. Figuring you were busy he let you get back to your "best friend duties". He would just text you later.

        Bucky had been wandering the mall for about 2 hours before he called it quits and decided to head home. Bucky had been eager to hear back from you hoping you would text him first. Sadly you never texted so instead he took a leap of faith and texted you first hoping that maybe you wouldn't find him annoying and completely shut him out of your life. To his surprise, it went well and he manages to get you to agree to get to know each other a little better.

        You had seemed like a great person. You were kind, cute, most of all you didn't care that he used a flip phone. Sure you made that small quip about how old it was but you didn't seem to mind his old fashion approach to phones. He found it weird that someone could actually touch the screen of the phone and it reacts. I mean even the last Stark Expo he attended with the flying car freaked him out just a little bit. He marveled at the days when the strangest that science ever created was Steve and himself.

His buzzing phone pulled him out of his little daydream. The screen read

Do you want to call since it might be easier than having to type on that ancient phone haha <3

        He knew from this moment he was hooked. He couldn't possibly find someone else. He didn't even know if you were single. You had to be or why else would you give him your number. Realizing he had been staring at the text too long he types out a quick Ok and sends it.

A minute or so later his flip phoned buzzed on a continuous loop like it did when Steve was calling him. Almost immediately he picked it up. Cursing himself at how fast he did.

"Hey," your soft voice on the other side of the line made Bucky's heart melt.

"Hey," he responded softly as well.

"So-" you spoke

"How-" his voice clashing with yours

"You first," you and he says in sync. He loved your voice and wished he could record it to hear it forever.

"Ok, I'll go first. So what did you all get from the Garage?" your voice tender and caring. Maybe he was just dreaming this up could it be possible that you wanted to talk to him his anxiety started to take hold of his thoughts.

"Well, I didn't actually get much besides a number I didn't really get anything else there was nothing of interest. What about you? Your hands seemed full when I bumped into you."

"Well I got a couple of decent shirts and some jeans I debated getting a leather jacket but wasn't sure if it would look good on me." you chuckle. Bucky imagines you dressed up in a leather jacket actually one particular one his.

"I think you would look absolutely stunning in one."

        The conversation drags on for hours and Bucky welcomingly accepts the fact that he is going to either upgrade his phone or his plan because you were going to be one expensive call. Not that it wasn't one he wouldn't mind paying but an expensive one nonetheless.

You always gain by giving love - Reese Witherspoon