Chapter 2: Alleyway Escape

"LUCKY CHARM!"

With a blinding pink light, a swarm of ladybugs circled the air. As they converged, the conjured item fell from the air. The spotted hero caught it and frowned.

"A notebook?" It was a typical school notebook, but there were scribbled Japanese words on the cover. "Hero... analysis... U.A. students?" She flipped it open, showing drawings of different people, and more densely packed Japanese writing. The characters made her head spin.

"What am I supposed -- actually whatever." The gears in Ladybug's head whirled furiously, as she took in her surroundings.

Her partner was battling Transverser. The blond hero's staff spun and smacked, forcing the villain into a defense position.

Why wasn't Transverser teleporting? The akuma... is in the pendant! An idea formed.

"Cat Noir, the pole over there!" Ladybug took her partner's place in the fight, her spinning yo-yo emitting a soft pink glow that brightened the alley.

"Got it. CATACLYSM!" A black light enveloped Cat Noir's hand, infusing it with pure destructive energy. He darted towards Transverser's side, and the hero swiped his hand along the base of an old utility pole, which instantly turned into dust. Ladybug hopped out of the way. The pole groaned slowly before crashing down on Transverser.

"GAH!!" the villain cried as the pole collapsed on him.

"Quick! Get his pendant!" Ladybug remembered, when they got teleported, the light had come from the villain's golden necklace.

"My pleasure." Cat Noir smirked and reached towards the villain's accessory. It was a mistake. Transverser's hand was free. He grabbed the blond hero's wrist like a snake catching its prey.

"What the--" Cat Noir reached with his other hand, but the previously dull pendant was now glowing faintly.

"Thanks." Transverser groaned, letting go the of the black-suited hero. Then, with a flash of yellow light, the villain was gone.

------------------------------------

The utility pole made its remaining journey to the ground across the previously occupied space.

Cat Noir let out a frustrated yell. "Where'd he go? I should've grabbed it quicker!"

Ladybug was trying to calm him down. "No, It's my fault, I let you get his pendant."

The black-suited hero scolded himself for being so reckless, so stupid. He should've thought of it! He recalled the events that happened before the teleportation.

He and Ladybug were saving people from a car crash. That was when Transverser showed up. The akumatized victim helped, actually helped. He called himself the new hero.

Cat Noir thought Ladybug chose another miraculous holder, so he welcomed Transverser.

The villain had put his hands on the duo's shoulders in a friendly manner. The pendant had glowed. Cat Noir had doubted nothing as the villain extended his arm to shake hands. The pendant was shining even brighter. Ladybug, cautious the whole time, warned Cat Noir about his miraculous, which was on the hand Transverser was shaking. The villain had chuckled, and said he had no interest in that ring.

That was when the signature pink butterfly outline appeared in front of Transverser's face.

Ladybug reacted, tying the villain up with her yo-yo.

"When did I say I'll be giving you the miraculouses? My dear friend Hawkmoth, you don't control me. You won't be able to take away my powers when I'm out of your range! Me, on the other hand, will be the best hero!" The villain had laughed evilly, as the pendant flared and distorted the space around them. Cat Noir grabbed onto Ladybug, who was being sucked in.

It was so obvious, the villain charged the pendant by touching them.

The blond hero took a deep breath. He'd made many mistakes before, some of which completely disappointing his partner. But this time, he knew better than to let frustration overcome him. He had to stay calm, try his best to find Transverser and defeat him.

"At least now we know how his power works, and his motive." Ladybug said, determination ringing from her voice.

"But we still have a lot more to figure out." Cat Noir sighed and smiled.

Their miraculouses beeped, no more than 4 minutes left.

"You're right, kitty." Ladybug examined the notebook in her hands, then handed it to her partner. "I have an idea on what my lucky charm is trying to tell me, but I think you should see this."

Cat Noir flipped through the pages. "It talks about something called... quirks."

"I think it's hinting that... there are other superheroes in this place, and they have superpowers that probably don't come from a miraculous or any external source."

"How is that possible? Are they born with it?"

Their magical accessories beeped again, and Cat Noir handed the notebook back to his partner.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

After the swarm of ladybugs disappeared, the alleyway was back to normal, the utility pole standing again.

"I'm just as confused as you are," she said, "So we're gonna have to do some research. Also, we should keep an eye out for the notebook's real owner." She said. Cat Noir nodded.

"Midoriya Izuku."

A/N: Thanks for reading, Deku and the bois will appear next chapter :)