Chapter One | A Trip's Beginning

Começar do início

"Wait, we do?!" Milly yelled, clearly not having prior knowledge to this.

"Uh, yeah."

Milly then excitedly pumped her first as she exclaimed, "Yes!"

Hailey chuckled, humored by the guitarist's excitement. "Okay, well now I'm guessing you all know?" The rest of the club murmured in agreement, giving Hailey the signal to continue speaking. "Well, basically, Zander and I's parents rented out this campsite we used to go to a lot, and we're going to be going camping for the whole weekend! We already know Luke is going to be coming with us, but we wanted to open up the invitation to the rest of the club!" Hailey beamed in enthusiasm. She then decided to add on, "Including you, Jake."

"When would we be leaving?" Milly asked, perking her head up.

"We would head out Friday afternoon. Also, we'd be leaving the site on Monday, sometime around noon or so."

"How big is the site?"

"Oh, this is actually kind of the cool thing I forgot to mention," Hailey exclaimed eagerly, "So, technically the whole thing is one site, but it's actually divided into two parts. Our parents and Bethany would be taking one part, and we would get the whole other part to ourselves. They're still only like, a one minute walk away in case somebody gets hurt or something. But as far as the size of our part goes, it's big enough to fit about three nicely sized tents, so people would be sharing. It also has a picnic table, water faucet, a campfire, and some trees to put hammocks on. There will be plenty of room."

"Well, I have to check with my parents and stuff," Sean said, "But I think I should be able to go!"

"Great! Sorry, I know this is kind of short notice," the charcoal-eyed musician briefly apologised.

"You're fine, Hailey!" Milly assured, "I'll probably also be able to go."

Turning her head to the club's singer, Hailey asked, "Jake?"

"Well, I'd love to go!" Jake beamed, "But I definitely need to check with my parents on this. They'll probably want to chat with your guys' parents before sending me off. Just because they've never met them before."

"No, of course! I can give you any phone numbers you need. And if any of you think of any other questions, then please, feel free to text me."

"Sounds good!" Milly acknowledged, holding up a small thumbs-up.

Hailey smiled, excited at the possibilities the weekend held.

~

Snapping back from her memory, Hailey watched Zander place his hand on the car handle, ready to open the door for everyone, but before he could, the sound of three people coming out the house was heard.

"Milly!" an excited young voice called out. Hailey then watched Bethany run across the drive to run up to Milly and hug her. It had been an especially long time since she had seen her, unlike the rest of the club members she was close with. And the two of them always had a small bond.

"Hey there, Bethany!" Milly greeted, scruffing the young girl's hair with affection.

"It's been forever since I've seen you!"

"Hi, Milly," Hailey heard the voice of Zander's mom call, "Sorry about Bethany."

"Are you kidding me? I love this little munchkin."

Hailey then watched as a look of sudden realization spread across the purple-haired woman's face.

"Wait a minute. Milly, what are you doing here?" Zander's mom asked, confused.