~When the clock strikes 12~

I tossed around my clothes until they covered my entire room. The past few days had gone by so quickly everything seemed like a blur. I sighed as I tossed yet another piece of cloth on the ground. I didn't know what to wear. I have never gone to a new years party with a date. Maybe my expectations were too high, just like the Christmas dance. A knock at my door startled me, making me jump.

"Laynnah you ok in here?" My father asked as he popped his head around the door.

"What if i wasn't descent?" I snapped trowing a stuffed toy at him. He tossed his hands up in a surrender.

"Sorry kiddo," he smiled.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"I just wanted to know what you were doing tonight?" He asked leaning against the door frame.

"Tristin invited me to a party," I started.

"You'll be home at one?" He asked.

"Dad, It's new years," I gasped angrily.

"You are still just a sixteen year old girl," he offered sternly crossing his arms as if making himself into a brick wall.

"Ugh," I hissed through my teeth.

"Sorry kiddo when you're the parent you can make the rules."

"Fine," I snapped as he left the room. Why did he have to ruin my life?

***2 hours later***

Tristin pulled up to my house right on time. I can tell you one thing for sure, the boy can be punctual when he wants to be. He looked handsome as always. I kissed my Nazi father on the cheek before rushing out the door. I know I was being hard on him, but he was  a teenager once right? Why was he being so hard?

I kissed Tristin as I met him outside in the winter wonderland. He wrapped his arms around me holding me gently. Kissing me like it was the first time and the last time he ever would. I smiled at him sweetly when we pulled apart.

"We should get going," I murmured looking back at my house afraid my father was spying on us.

"Yeah. Ok," he smiled heading towards the passenger side of the car.  He was such a gentlemen.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking into his warm eyes.

"It's a surprise," he answered. His eyes sparkled with mischief making the butterflies dance in my stomach excitedly.

We pulled up to an older looking building. The red brick was faded from all the years of sun hitting it. As soon as I opened the door loud music hit me. The party must already be in full swing. I looked at Tristin wide eyed surly this event was going to be shut down because of all the noise. I definitely  did not want another run in with and officer.

"Don't worry babe," Tristin's voice said into my ear softly as he nibbled at it. "They have this big New Years bash every year. They hold it to keep all the teens off the streets tonight," he smiled draping an arm around my shoulders lazily. We walked through the big wooden doors and immediately a drink was placed in my hands. "Don't drink that," Trisin said frowning taking the cup from my hands.

"Why not?" I asked looking at him like he was an alien.

"It's probably drugged," he said looking at me like I lived under a rock. "You don't go to many party's do you?"

"Is it that easy to tell," I rolled my eyes at him. Sometimes I really did believe I lived under this magical rock that hid me from all the dangers of the world.

"We'll get you a drink soon," he smiled pulling me closer to him. "Don't accept things from anyone ok."

"Got it," I answered looking down shyly. Tristin's warm fingers lifted my face to his. I blushed at his sudden PDA. His lips gently brushed mine as he sent my mind off to lala land.

Kids I recognized from our school were dancing around having what looked like a great time. Me and Tristin on the other hand seemed to be off in our own little world. The time flew by quickly but for me it seemed to stand still. The loud countdown from ten is what broke that spell.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year," everyone chanted at once. Suddenly loud cheers broke out and a lot of kissing. Tristins lips once again crashed onto mine for my first kiss of the new year, and what a kiss it was. I literally saw fireworks.

"Happy New Year,"Tristin whispered in my ear before he captured my mouth once more.  I closed my eyes and let myself melt into my perfect bad boy.

***40 minutes later***

"Shit," I gasped as I glanced at my phone. I read the big 12:40am a couple times.

"What?" Tristin asked looking at me nervously.

"My father told me to be home by one," I said panicking.  Tristin made a disappointed face, but he pulled me towards the door.

"We have to hurry then," he whispered huskily.

"Yeah."

My father was standing on the front porch when we pulled up at ten after one. I wasn't that late surely it was no big deal right. I quickly kissed Tristin on the cheek.

"Happy New Year. I'll see you later. Night," I breathed before jumping out of the car.

"Elaynnah Ann Taylor," my father barked as soon as Tristin pulled away. Shit I was in big trouble.

"I'm-sorry-dad,-I-just-lost-track-of-time.-It-wont-happen-again," I said all in one breath.

"I don't even know who you are anymore," he said shaking his head at me. I looked down ashamed of myself. It was only ten minutes its not like it was a couple of hours. "You're grounded for a week."

"What? You never ground me," I said rushing up the stairs.

"Apparently I've been to soft you you. Go to your room young lady," he hissed.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I rushed passed him. This was not exactly how I wanted to start the new year.

                          ***To Be Continued in "Being the Girlfriend of a Bad Boy."***

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N

I told you it was going to be short and sweet. Check out the next Elaynnah Taylor story on Few 14th 2013.

Please remember to fan, vote and comment.

Mallicat XO