~Dinner~

I nervously walked up to my house. Tristin and my father haven't really been in the same room for more then ten minutes yet. My stomach was turning at just the thought of them together for longer than that. My fingers trembled as we walked up to the door.

"I'm home," I called to my father as we stepped inside.

"Dinner will be done in twenty," he called back.

"Want to watch something before dinner?" I asked Tristin as I pulled off my coat and hat.

"Sure," he smiled following suit. I smiled at him as we made our way to the living room.

"Anything in particular?" I asked turning the tv on.

"Nah," he smiled sitting on the couch. My heart fluttered when he flashed me his devilish grin. I sat down next to him and turned on the tv. Don't ask me what I turned on because you will not receive an answer. Tristins eyes flickered with mischief. He leaned in and kissed me passionately winding his fingers through my curly dark hair. I felt like I was floating with each and every one of his gentle touches. I was completely infatuated with him. His embrace was warm and alluring.

"Eh hem," my fathers voice said from behind us. We jumped apart imediatly. "Dinner," he breathed. He shot me a dissapointed look as I passed him. I was in big trouble that was for sure.

                                                           *       *       *      *      *

"Dinner was great Mr. Taylor. Thank you for having me," Tristin smiled at my father sweetly.

"Anytime," my father replied in a dry tone. Yup I was in big trouble.

"I'll walk you to the door," I interrupted quietly.

"Thanks," Tristin said smoothly heading towards the front door.I followed him instantly trying to get out of the eyesight of my father. "Are you going to be in  a lot of trouble?" Tristin asked as he tossed on his coat.

"I don't know," I murmured looking down. "I've never been in this situation," I blushed.

"Call me later ok. Let me know how things went ok?" He breathed in my ear kissing my cheek quickly. "I should go before I get you into anymore trouble."

"I'll call you later,"I smiled. "See you later."

"Bye Layne," he smiled kissing me quickly.

"Bye," I breathed as he walked outside.

I made my way back to the kitchen. My father was standing by this sink waiting for it to fill with water. His back was to me which was good. I took a deep breath before walking towards him shyly.

"Want some help?" I asked as I moved beside him.

"Sure thing pumpkin," he smiled.

"Look dad I um..." I began nervously.

"Laynnah your not in trouble for kissing a boy. It took me by surprise that's all. I just didn't realize my baby was growing up so quickly. Please just be safe. We don't need to have the talk do we?" he asked looking at me nervously. I blushed at his words.

"No dad. They cover all that stuff in school," I answered looking down.

"Good," he breathed. Talk about awkward.