Quileute ties

As more vampires set foot in forks, more Quileutes turned. Their nature was compelling them to join the pack. Jacob and Luka run into a newly turned wolf in the woods during their walk. "Hey, easy there. Hey! It's all right. You're gonna be okay," Jacob said reassuringly as Luka kneels before the young wolf with a kind smile and runs her fingers through their fur, calming them. The next day Carlisle, Rosalie, and Esme returned with our last witnesses. As Rosalie walks towards the steps to the house, Nathan comes running out of the front door and jumps into his mother's arms, "Momma!" Nathan yelled with joy. Rosalie smiles and holds Nathan close while kissing his cheek just as Luka walks out of the house with a smile. "Will hello, beautiful," Luka said as she walks up to Rosalie and kisses her softly on the lips. Bella and Edward walk out of the house to greet Carlisle, Rosalie, and Esme, "How many came?" Carlisle asked. "Eighteen. You have some good friends," Edward said as Esme looks at Edward with hope in her eyes, "And Alice?" Esme asked. Luka and Bella look at each other with sadness, then Bella shakes her head, indicating that Alice has still not returned. Esme hugs Bella then Luka knowing the girls missed their hyperactive sister. "Alistair, Micah, come meet everyone," Carlisle called out to the beautiful men standing by their car. Alistair is six foot two with a slender body and dark blond hair that extends to his neck and a beard that made his blood-red eyes stick out. Micah was six foot three with an athletic body and pale complexion that made his silky dark brunette hair stick out along with his red eyes.

                     "I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi," Alistair said. "It won't come to a fight," Carlisle said confidently, but Luka could see it wasn't affecting Alistair. "I'll be in the attic," Alistair said, then jumps up onto the roof and walks off. "He's not a people person," Esme said, looking at Luka and Bella. "I think the right word for him would be douche," Micah said with a sly smirk as he walks over to Rosalie and Luka. "Well, aren't you a cutie? Too bad Rosie got you first," Micah said while looking Luka up and down. Luka blushes a little, making Rosalie laugh, "Sorry Micah, but this one is all mine," Rosalie said, then kisses Luka's cheek making Micah smile then looks at Nathan. "And this handsome young lad must be Nathan," Micah said with a kind smile, making Nathan smile with pride. We had opened our home to 18 vampires—many with gifts of their own. Zafrina had power over the mind. She could make anyone see what she wanted them to. Luka and Bella watch as Zafrina makes Edward see a beautiful jungle around him. "If you weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real," Edward said in amazement. "I don't see anything," Bella said in confusion as she looked at Edward. "Edward, you didn't tell me your wife is a shield," Eleazar said in amazement as he stares at Bella. "What's a shield?" Bella asked in confusion when Edward suddenly understands and smiles, "The ones I've met are so different," Edward said. "It's a defensive talent," Eleazar said, making Luka smile. "It's not much of a surprise your always trying to protect everyone, Bells," Luka said. "It's why I couldn't read your mind, even before. It's why Aro couldn't," Edward said. "You have a very powerful gift," Eleazar said when Suddenly Kate takes Bella's hand. "Oh, yeah, she's a shield, all right. Shoulda put her on her ass," Kate said with a smirk. "Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett said challengingly. "Maybe it only works on the weak," Kate said while putting her hand up, daring Garrett to try and touch her. "Garrett, I wouldn't," Carlisle warned his friend. Garrett touches his finger to Kate's hand, and he's instantly electrocuted and falls to the ground, "You are an amazing woman," Garrett said in complete aww. Luka started to walk toward Kate, wanting to give her power a try, "Lu," Rosalie said in a warning tone, making Luka freeze and look back at her imprint with a pout.

                        Luka's head snaps to the woods as she hears Jacobs thought, "uninvited vampires coming your way," Jacob said through their link. Luka shifts, surprising the vampires around her as she takes off into the woods. Jacob turns into a wolf and runs through the forest with the young wolves following behind him. Jacob starts to chase after the two vampires. The vampires were jumping up some trees, and then they jumped down and sat on some rocks while they were mocking the wolves. Then suddenly, the vampires freeze when they hear a deep growl behind them, and they feel a hot breath against their necks. The two vampires look behind them and see Luka's colossal wolf form right behind them, close enough to bite into them. Carlisle and the other vampire appear, "Vladimir, Stefan, you're a long way from home," Carlisle said. "What are they doing here?" Kate asked while staring at the older vampires. "We heard the Volturi were moving against you. But that you would not stand alone," Vladimir said in a thick Romanian accent. "We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle said as Luka moves around Vladimir, Stefan and goes to Jacob's side, rubbing against him, making sure he is ok. "We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir said. "We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan said with a smile. "It's not our plan to fight the Volturi," Carlisle said. "Shame. Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed," Vladimir said, making Luka look at Carlisle in confusion. "They enjoy a good fight," Stefan said with a smirk as if the whole situation was just a game to him. "Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asked, looking at Carlisle, "Aww. Still hoping they'll listen?" Vladimir said sarcastically, making Luka growl, not liking how he was talking to her father.

                         That night everyone filled the Cullen's living room after hearing the news about Aro's witnesses. Luka sat on the couch with Rosalie at her side and Nathan sitting on her lap with his head on her chest as the rest of the Cullen's and pack members sit around them. "When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime," Eleazar said. "So he's done this before?" Bella asked as Jacob sat next to her. "It happens so rarely; I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar said. "Apparently, he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle said. "This person always has an ability. And they're always given a place with the Guard," Eleazar said. "It shouldn't be such a surprise rulers like them always want more power," Luka said. "This is all about Alice. He has no one like her," Edward said. "Which is why she left," Bella said, now understanding her sister's actions. "Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asked in confusion. "To spread the word that justice has been served. After he slaughters an entire coven," Alistair said, making Luke intertwine her fingers with Rosalie's. Amun stands up, "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," Amun said. "And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment; it's power. It's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live," Edward said. There's a moment of silence as the vampires look at each other, then Luka moves Nathen into Rosalie's arms and stands, "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires, and I will not let harm come to my family even if I have to kill every Volturi member on my own," Luka said. The Denali coven stands, "We will fight," Tanya said, looking at Edward and Luka. "This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule," Garrett said.

                     "We'll join you," Benjamin said, causing Amun to turn fast toward him. "No," Amun said, not wanting Benjamin in this fight. "I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please," Benjamin said. "We will stand with you," Senna said as Siobhan steps forward, "So will we," Siobhan said, and the other vampire start to step forward. "That didn't take much," Vladimir said, making Luka glare at them. Micah stood and looked at Rosalie, "I promised long ago that if you needed me, I would be there for you. I never go back on my promises," Micah said. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward said, not wanting his family in danger. "We'll see," Alistair said, then walks out of the room. Everyone showed courage. Though we knew that Aro's army was moving against us. Soon we would face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec who could rob you of sight, sound, and touch.

Note: please comment and vote 😁👍🏻