A New Beginning

Luka walks upstairs after a good run with Leah when she notices Edward, Jacob and Bella cuddled up on the couch, smiling as both men touch Bella's stomach. Luka smiles at the sight when Carlisle suddenly appears a few steps down from where she was standing. "Luka," Carlisle called out softly, causing her to look down at him. Carlisle nods his head in another direction causing Luka to look back at the happy couple before following him down the stairs. Luka lays a blood bag on the table in front of Carlisle and Esme, "So that's the last of it?" Luka asked. "Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood," Carlisle said. "And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight," Esme said. "I'll keep a close eye on Bella," Luka said, then picks up the blood bag and walks out. That night Rosalie, Alice, Edward, and Jacob were talking in the living room when Luka walks in with the last bit of blood for Bella in a cup when she sees Bella's body start to fall. The cup of blood shatters on the floor as Luka and Edward both dash to Bella and catch her before her head hits the floor. "Get everything ready now. She won't last long enough for Carlisle to get here!" Luka orders Edward then carefully picks Bella up in her arms bridal style as Edward runs into Carlisle's medical room. Luka walks into the room with Bella's head on her shoulder, "Everything will be ok, Bells," Luka said with a reassuring tone as she lays Bella onto the table.

                              "Rosalie, pass the morphine," Edward said as Alice is talking on the phone to Carlisle. "Carlisle said the placenta must have detached!" Alice said as Edward gives Bella the morphine shot. "He's coming as fast as he can," Alice said, but Luka shakes her head then looks at Edward. "He won't make it back in time. We must do something," Luka said as she holds Bella's hand, which was gripping on to Luka weakly. "We'll have to do it," Rosalie said as she takes a scalpel to cut Bella's stomach open, but Edward stops her. "No! Let the morphine spread," Edward said in a worried tone. "There's no time. They're dying!" Rosalie said, causing Bella to panic, "Get him out, now!" Bella screamed, causing Rosalie to cut her stomach open. "Look at me, Bella," Jacob said, trying to distract his imprint from the pain, but Bella screams as the pain overcomes her. As Rosalie cuts Bella's stomach, the sight of the blood distracts her causing her eyes to darken in hunger. "Rosalie, don't!" Luka yells as she moves to her imprints side and drags her out of the room. Rosalie clings to Luka's arms as she fights the hunger that begs her to go back in there and rip the human apart. Rosalie regains control when she smells her mate's blood, making her look at Luka's arms that slowly bleeds from the claw marks Rosalie had left on Luka without even knowing it. "Luka! I'm so sorry!" Rosalie said in a panic, but Luka just smiles and leans in, slowly brushing her lips against Rosalie's. "Hey, it's ok, look, it's already healed," Luka said as she showed Rosalie her arms that were completely healed. Suddenly the sound of two babies crying fills the house, causing both Rosalie and Luka to rush back into the room. "Edward, I'll take them. I promise I'm okay, let me," Rosalie said, causing Edward to look at her then Luka. "She is in control, don't worry," Luka told Edward, causing him to relax and hand both babies to Rosalie. Then he rushes to Bella's side and takes out a syringe, then injects her with it as Rosalie leaves the room. "What is that?" Jacob asked as he watches Edward, "It's my venom," Edward said, but as they watched Bella, they noticed the venom wasn't working, so Edward starts to give Bella CPR. "It supposed to be working. Come on. Come on," Edward said in a panicked tone, but Bella still laid on the table unresponsive. Luka felt her brother's emotions go wild through their bond, and when she looks over at him, she saw him begin to shake, causing her to run to his side and drag him out of the room as he struggles with her, "Bella!" Jake yells out as he fights against Luka's hold.

                               Just as Luka walked out the front door, she felt Jacobs beginning to shift, so she used all her strength to fling him into the air just as his body exploded. Jacobs wolf landed on all fours snarling at Luka as she slowly walks down the stairs. Jacob's pupils Were completely blown as his wolf took control. Leah, Seth, and Paul rushed out of the woods in their wolf forms to protect Luka, but she raised her hand, stopping them from growing closer. Jacob runs at Luka, but instead of dogging, she takes him head-on and wraps her arms around his neck. Jacob tries to turn his head around to bite Luka, but she lifts him up and slams him into the ground knocking the air out of his lungs. "Stay down. I don't want to hurt you," Luka said as she lets Jacob go but as she backs away from him. Jacob lashes out, causing his claws to cut across Luka's chest, staining the grass red with her blood just as her body explodes, revealing her wolf that bares its canines. Jacobs wolf goes to snap its teeth at Luka's face, but her paw slams into his snout, making him stumble back from her and whine as blood drips from the wound her claws left. "Enough!" Luka yelled through the pack link with her Alpha voice, causing Leah, Seth, and Paul to whimper and lower their bodies in submission as Jacobs wolf tries to fight the command. "Control yourself! Edward still needs you! Your daughters need you!" Luka said, causing Jacob to regain control of himself at the name of his other imprint. Tears fill Jacob's eyes as he looks at the deep wounds that covered Luka's chest, but before he could apologize, Luka shakes her head. "All be ok, you weren't yourself," Luka said with reinsurance as she comforts her twin by nuzzling her face into his neck, her Snow White fur sticking out against his russet brown fur.

                              By the morning, Luka and Alice bathe and dress Bella in fresh clothes, not wanting her to wake covered in blood. Luka kept telling herself everything would be ok that Bella wasn't dead; she would wake soon. "She shouldn't be this still," Edward said as Luka sat at Bella's side, holding her hand. "It's the morphine," Carlisle said, trying to reinsure his son and Luka, "Maybe it's not too late," Jacob said as he holds Edward's hand. "No, Edward, Jacob. Listen to her heart," Carlisle said. As days pass, Bella's hair slowly thickens, her body filling out and healing. Then all of a sudden, Bella's eyes pop open to reveal blood-red eyes.

Note: please comment and vote