Chapter Ten

Levi's head rested against the window of the car, not making a single move the entire ride. He looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks and the moonlight brought that fact out more making his skin paler and the bags under his eyes more apparent than before in the dimly lit bar. Levi's head moved slightly as they came to a stop, but he didn't wake up.
-
Eren parked the car in front of his small apartment. He then stepped out of his car and got Levi out of the passenger seat. He carried Levi bridal style as he closed the car door and took him up to his apartment. Once the got to the door, Eren briefly set Levi down to unlock and open the door. He then picked Levi up again and walked him into the apartment. It was slightly cramped, but he figured he'd make room for Levi. Eren set him down on his bed and went back and closed the door. He then started setting up the couch for him to sleep on while Levi rested in his bed.
-
As soon as Eren set Levi down, he curled into a tight ball which made it to where he barely took up a fourth of the bed. He was pretty small so he could make himself smaller than most grown men his age. This came in handy when he was running from the perverts Levi delt with daily.
-
Eren went to check on Levi after he fixed up the couch and saw that he had curled himself up and was only taking up a small portion of the bed. 'Maybe I can still sleep in here...' Eren thought and he walked toward the other side of his bed. He laid down, being extra careful to not wake Levi. He didn't want to give Levi any more stress than he had already.
-
When Eren layed down he uncurled only slightly, almost as if to metaphorically open up to the boy a bit. He stayed aleep though and still barely took up a fourth of the bed. His dreams, like an other night, were bad and he would whimper a bit here and there.
-
Eren yawed slightly and started to get himself comfortable, still wary of Levi. He wanted to keep Levi safe, not knowing if this was the right thing to do, but his bed was much more comfortable than the old, beaten up couch. He heard Levi's whimpers and frowned slightly. Eren didn't know what to do to help Levi. His first instinct was to wrap his arms around Levi and keep him safe, but he restrained himself, knowing it's probably not the best thing to do to someone wih physical and sexual abuse problems. Unless Levi wanted the physical comfort, which he didn't know because of Levi being asleep, he wouldn't do anything.
-
Levi suddenly clutched onto the blanket beneath him and whimpered louder, trying to find comfort in something, anything. He begun thrashing a bit and pulling on the blanket as he did.
-
Eren looked at Levi with concern as he started thrashing around. He then went to first instinct, wrapping his arms around Levi's small frame, pulling him close. "Shhh...it's okay Levi..." Eren cooed in Levi's ear. "You're safe, no one's going to hurt you..." Eren hoped that this would work, because the only other reaction would be a complete panic attack, but Eren had a feeling that this would work better than letting Levi just thrash around with no comfort.