Was it just a dream?

Start from the beginning

"He– He screwed me o-over, it's not my fault.." You slurred in a snappy mood. A sigh left the males’ lips with a head shake, he couldn't really deal with taking care of both children at once. Even if he did partly participate in helping the other kids when he was young, it just frustrated him.

A small sniff came from the baby, making Alastor glance at him, his smile never flattening but forced. Tears were in his multi-colored eyes, whimpers fell out of his toothless mouth as his small hands clutched onto his pinstriped coat.

Alastor, being Alastor, started to panic, like hell he knew what to do. The first step of taking care of a child? That shit is out the window for him.
He glanced between you, who was gradually walking on your own, some stumbles here and there, and the baby, who was now on the verge of a breakdown for an unknown reason to him.

His legs stopped dead in his tracks as he removed his arm around you and placed the baby over his shoulder, patting his back gently with some care humming a sweet tune. You leaned on the red walls, staring at the two boys. To be honest, you sobered up a while ago but the alcohol was still in your system, and no beer/liquor for a month felt like a year, almost foreign to you.

It was a sweet sight to see your two babies getting along, despite remembering some of Alastor’s experiences when you both were in the orphanage, but he was doing nicely.

You smiled and crossed your arms, just watching them settle down. After a few seconds, Alastor locked eyes with you, confused by the smug face you had on. The gears in his head started to shift as he let out a quiet gasp, "You faked it, didn't you!?"

Well, you wouldn't really call it faking, just a sober brain with a drunk body.
You shrugged and carefully straightened yourself on your feet. Oh yeah, a really drunk body.

"Not necessarily. But I haven't had any hooch in over a month, just a bit rusty." You answered with a smirk, finally gaining balance supporting yourself on the wall.

Alastor let out a huff and rolled his eyes as he kept soothing the baby. You (being manageably just the right height, but still a bit short) laid your arm on his shoulder with a chuckle.
"Come on, you can't really blame me for sobering up here," You pointing to your head, "and not here." Then gesturing to your body, that was a bit fidgety.

He had to admit, you had a point. You were mysterious with your poison, some kind of wildcard you are. He shouldn't really give you inculpate, for he was a light drinker himself.

And that face, oh Satan he couldn't get over your adorable, still redden from alcohol, face with that small smile of yours. He would look at that for days if he wanted to, and he would.

"But just a warning, I'm falling in and out of drunkenness. Beware." You joshed cutely with a chuckle, Alastor’s heart skipped a beat as he felt his face heat up a bit. Alex was silent and possibly fell asleep, so he had the chance to make any kind of move right now.

Just as he was thinking of the right gesture, his free arm wrapped around your shoulders without him thinking. Oh, wait, scratch that he was thinking it, just not in control.

You stiffen a bit as your face turn more red, smiling widely with surprise. Alastor was just frozen, not even taking a glance at you, oh he was so embarrassed and anxious about your reaction. Maybe he struck a nerve, or he was too straightforward.

A small giggle left your lips as you covered your mouth with your hand. Gulping a large lump, Alastor slowly looked down at your giggling self. His confusion level was high and it was going to get even higher if he doesn't fix this asap. As much as he finally got in a relationship with you, he still didn't know what to do. You placed your hand on top of his, smiling lovingly at him. A tingly feeling in your chest bloomed, just like your first kiss with him.