꧁ ℂ𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷 ℙ𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷 - 𝔸𝚗𝚍 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 ꧂

𝔸𝕕𝕒'𝕤 .𝕆.𝕍

⚠︎︎ [Trigger warning: Mention of suicide in paragraph 3.] ⚠︎︎

It's quiet on the way to our temporary, new home. Hazel, as she introduced earlier, is directing Min down a flowery, grassy countryside road. It's deserted out here, and I relish the newfound peace. Min didn't feel comfortable with someone else driving her car, so for now, all I hear is Hazel's soft voice, giving directions. We near a small grassy valley when Hazel asks Min to park her car. We get out and I breathe in the fresh air, then follow Hazel by foot over grassy hills until we reach a small cottage-like house. Our shoes are off and we hurry inside. I glance out of the window anxiously. What if one of the guards from the riot followed us here? But all I see stretching out for miles is grass, hills, forests, flowers and a mountain in the distance. We're safe here, for now. Hazel washes her hands and checks inside a big pot boiling on a stove. A delicious smell wafts through the air that catches both Min and I's attention. She stirs the contents of the pot carefully. Then turns around and, noticing our expressions, smiles wearily, "Who's hungry?"

We eat the stew slowly. Both of us haven't had a home-cooked meal in a long time. Even back home, my mother couldn't cook after the death of her parents hit her and she went into her depressive state, so I had to make myself all of my meals, and a nine-year-old isn't very good at doing that. I'm halfway into my big bowl when I hear tiny footsteps running down the hall and a squealing voice, "Mommy! You're home!" A little girl appears at the kitchen doorway and freezes when she sees us. Short, brown pigtails and light green eyes, she looks exactly like her mother. I wave tentatively at her but Min is much too focused on her stew. I slap her arm and she gives some sort of grunt that's supposed to be a "hello". A boy also appears in the hallway, taller, bony and with much lighter hair, but his eyes are blue, and distrustful. I wave again, but he simply brings his sister by the hand into the kitchen, where Hazel is. "My children, Azula and Damien, these are our guests, Ada and Min. Don't be afraid, they're good people." The children stay passive and return down the hallway, back to their rooms. "Doesn't look like we'll be friends very soon." "Shut up, Min, they're just kids."

I'm lying on the guest bed, and Min is arranging the pillows. "I just realise, I know nothing about your past, your family." Min freezes. "I'd rather not tell you." "Oh please," I whine. She sits on the edge of the bed and I shuffle up against her, our backs against each other. "My dad left before I was born, classic, I know. My mother, sold me for a bottle of pills and a packet of cigarettes. Cigarettes, Ada." I inhaled sharply, "I-I'm sorry. I really am." "No need to be. I grew up under Ayden's care, and I was his apprentice at the café until I turned old enough to get my own place at the Solstice. Then I became a real worker there, and he took over because my mom passed on the business to him. So no matter how much of a pain in the behind he is to me, I kind of owe it to him for even being alive." I nod. "You?" "Mom killed herself, dad's a jerk as you saw at the funeral and I just lived a normal life until I met you and moved into the Solstice." "Sounds peaceful, except the mom dying part, I'm sorry." "It's fine, goodnight." "'Nite."

Hazel is up early, and she's already preparing our weapons. Min rolls over onto her feet and looks longingly once more at the comfortable bed. "Make sure not to stand out this time," she yawns, "that didn't work out so well yesterday." I snort and pull on a black shirt, long pants and sweater and Min does the same. Hazel lent us these and they fit perfectly. We trudge, half-awake, into the dining room where knives, bricks and a pistol rests on the dining table. "Thanks for making breakfast," Min sighs and takes the pistol in her hand. She flicks it around her wrist, reloads it twice and slides it into her pocket. I pick up one of the knives, it's sleek on the dull side but jagged on the blade. I copy Min and slip it into my pocket as well. Hazel appears next to us, slides the bricks and remaining knives into a bag and slings it over her shoulder, then she pulls up her mask and holds the door open for us, "You're welcome for breakfast, now let's go."

Soon, everyone has gathered at the park, wearing all black, and it looks like a dark sea stretching out below me. There's more people this time, about 500 or more. Some must have convinced their friends or family to join in. Min whispers to me, "What are you going to tell them?" They wait, their ears ready, eyes on me. Excitement courses through the mob, I can feel it in the air, stinging my skin. "Nothing," I say back, "Absolutely nothing." Min talks to the crowd in a soft but clear voice, "Think of the person you're doing this for, would they approve of this?" There's silence and Min turns to me, her eyes burning into mine, "Absolutely yes." There are shouts and the rage starts. The guards are unarmed, we are safe once again. We stamp and yell as we approach the Zenith, faced with a row of police at the entrance, hands behind their back in a uniform manner. We draw closer and closer to them. Shouting for blood and screaming for justice. We're unstoppable. Nothing can slow us down. No one can hold us back. They're unarmed, but we aren't.

The president watching from his window thought otherwise.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥'𝕤 .𝕆.𝕍

Axar Langston watched from his window, hardly keeping his smile in from what was about to happen. Slowly and deliberately, he pulled out a small phone and raised it to his ear. "Mr. President?" "Have you kept your guns behind your back as I asked you to?" "Yes Mr. President. Do we have permission to fire?" The president's lip curled, "Yes." "Alright, Mr. President." He then laughed softly and lowered the phone, glancing out at Ada once again, speaking quietly, "Now this is what happens when you disobey, so tell yourself, 'This is what happens if I disregard. And if I shun.

And If I Ignore.'"

Banner by: Thingybabiby <3333