꧁ ℂ𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 ℙ𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸 - 𝔸𝚗𝚍 𝙸𝚏 𝙸 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚎 ꧂

𝔸𝕕𝕒'𝕤 .𝕆.𝕍

Min is pacing the dining area, muttering under her breath, trying to think of one way we can get into the Zenith again and I make more coffee, the steamy, rich aroma fills the room. "Is there such thing as a caffeine overdose?" I snort, "Don't know, but that's exactly what's going to happen to the both of us." "If fear doesn't kill me faster." "Yep, or we try vitamin gummies." "Nah, coffee is much better." I realise we're out of milk so I end up just make two blacks. I plop myself on the sofa and open my laptop, "Have you gotten any ideas yet?" "Huh, we could apply for a job there?" "As what? A janitor?" I snort. Min stops pacing, "Exactly." I pick up my cup and sip gingerly, looking up, "What do you mean?" Min squats in front of me and picks up the coffee, pointing it in my direction, "Janitors can go into any room and they wouldn't be questioned, plus we don't need any qualifications to be one." My eyes widen and I stop mid-sip, "Oh that's perfect." We clink our mugs against each other and toast to the great idea, just as the sun starts to go down.

It's an all-nighter for us. Min lights plenty of candles to congratulate herself for the genius idea, while I keep refilling our cups with endless coffee to keep us awake. Min insists music helps the brain and plays some out loud, and I must say it works, because we plough through our job applications very effectively, and soon we're onto our new fake IDs. We spend a whole hour creating fake identities, and we go over every single detail efficiently, not overlooking even the tiniest points, so our character will have no flaws. In the morning, Min is sprawled on the couch, asleep. Meanwhile, I clean up our papers, pens, and pack our bags with a copy of our job application each, our fully charged computers, a thermos of coffee and some papers, pens and our wallets. Now our bags are packed, I go to my wardrobe and pick out two interview outfits that are presentable, but not classy enough for the interviewer to question why we're applying as a janitor. Finally, I mail an envelope with our applications inside and start making breakfast, while the sun rises again.

Min wakes up and spots coffee cups on the counter, which wakes her up instantly. She gets up faster than is humanly possible after a late night, slipping on a sweater and stumbling, which makes me burst into a fit of silent giggles, and scrambles to sit on a high chair. "Mmmm," she sighs, inhaling the coffee's aroma. "I made breakfast too," I laugh, and pass her a plate of ham, toast and eggs. Min wrinkles her nose distrustfully as she accepts the plate, "Hmm, since when did you cook? I thought you only knew how to make brews." At this I gasp, pretending to be offended and throw a napkin at her, which she catches expertly and places on her lap. I snort and sip my coffee, "Don't worry, I still know that you're the best chef around here." "Oh please." I chuckle and start on my own plate, "What's so funny?", Min snaps. I try not to spit out my toast and mumble, "I'm thinking of just now when you slipped on that swe-" "Don't you dare."

"Time to go," I say, lifting my bag onto my shoulders. "To?" "The Zenith, have you been dreaming? Our interview is now." We've taken our showers and worn our interview outfits. Min is on the balcony, moping and kicking around the slippers that came with the room. "Come on Min, this is our last shot at our plan being successful, we have to go now." Min picks up the cotton slippers and throws it down to the city below. "You okay?" "Yeah, just nervous." I exhale and walk over to her and pass her her bag, "You're going to pass the interview with flying colours, come on." Min narrows her eyes like she doesn't believe me, and I laugh, but make her take her bag. Min sighs, "I'm scared, but honestly? You're doing it too, and that's what matters." "Mmhmm, I know I'm such a saviour, plus I come with a bonus, making coffee so much better than you make yours." Min splutters in disbelief and I chuckle. "What?" "Of course! You can't even make even a latte to save your life." "Come on, frothing the milk is so hard." "What? Come on. No it isn't." "For you."

I stand nervously outside of the Zenith, and we enter the building, for the second time. Security lets us pass with no question and I breathe out a sigh of relief once the guard is out of sight. The glass interior is just the same as I remember it. Min and I approach the receptionist again. "Good morning, may we know where to find," I take a glance at my phone, "Veronica Caddel? We're having an interview with her." The receptionist returns our greetings in a blank tone and skims a list on his computer screen for a few seconds before saying, "Miss Caddel is located on the tenth floor, she is in a quick meeting but will be with you soon, the elevator is right behind you. Her office is the room at the end of the hall." I nod and flatten my voice,  "Your information is heard, it is acknowledged." Then we turn and get into the elevator, which will bring us higher and higher, closer and closer to the second most crucial part of our massive plan.

Outside the office, we go over interview questions and quiz each other. We're nervous but manage to answer all the questions correctly. Min is fussing over her video camera not working and tries to make it work by repeatedly pressing on the record button. Then, we enter the room after a knock at exactly three pm. When I fully open the door, I see Miss Caddel sitting at her office desk. With a bottle of wine in her hand. When she sees us, she spits the drink out all over her desk and drops the bottle, we hear a loud shatter behind her desk and shards of green glass flies all over the carpeted floor. We sit and the table as Miss Caddel frantically wipes up her desk and sits down herself, flustered. "So you two are applying as janitors?" Min cuts in boldly, "Give us the job now." I stared in disbelief at Min. "Now." Miss Caddel raises her eyebrows, "And why exactly should I? Get out of my office, you rude youngsters." I sighed but Min said, with a twinkle in her eye, "Aw, it would be such a shame though, if your boss knew you were drinking at work." Miss Caddel sat up in disbelief, "Y-you have no proof." "My camera didn't work, however, it started working the exact moment we opened the door though, so now I have a picture of you." Min raised her phone, with a picture of Miss Caddel and her wine bottle. She's frozen and I almost laugh. Our plan is succeeding, and it will going smoothly, but only if I persevere. And if I sustain.

And If I Endure.

Banner by: Thingybabiby <3333