She'd been so distracted, that she'd missed parts of the conversation. Her attention was caught again by the crew teasing Bobby about the content of his profile.

"Yeah, this is terrible and this picture looks like you're trying to sell real estate from a bus bench. And you know what? I will not be buying. You cannot describe yourself as, 'I'm a life saver, not a heartbreaker.'" Jane had to bite her lip to keep her laughter in at that. Chimney had no such qualms and was in fits.

"What? Come on, that's sweet," Bobby defended himself.

Jane looked over at him. Poor man had probably spent a lot of time on that line. Maybe she should have looked up from her search and asked what he was doing. She could have offered help.

"No, it is cheese," Buck said. "Sweet, sweet cheese!" Then he threw his head back laughing at himself so hard that his chair swung back a few inches. Chimney had to catch him with one hand.

"You like flan?" Chimney looked at him, ready for another joke.

"Good flan is the bomb!" Bobby defended.

"It is, and it's very tricky to make!" Jane agreed once she'd properly schooled her facial expression. Then she gave the man a reassuring pat on the arm, showing her support. He might not go through with it if they kept this up and this was a big thing for Bobby.

"You have an AOL email address? It is literally like you were frozen in ember in 1995."

"Its amber not ember you idiot," Bobby was getting a bit snappy now. Defensive.

"I don't care," Buck shook his head at the Captain. "You can never show this to a girl."

"Why not?"

"Okay, this is a joke profile for a guy no one ever wants to go out with."

"Harsh Buck!" Jane scolded. "That is just rude."

"You know what, maybe you are not the right person he should be taking dating advice from Buckaroo," Chimney interjected, removing the laptop from Buck's hands and coming back around to sit to Jane on the other side of the table.

"Yes," Jane agreed. "I can help. As a single woman in L.A. I'm sure I can offer plenty of constructive and non-insulting advice."

"No offense Jane," Buck said, "But you are far from the average single woman. You are basically a Mom who always has baked goods and who constantly fusses over people." 

"What's that's supposed to mean?" She crossed her arms in front of her, and raised her eyebrows at the man who was barely a year younger than her.

"Nothing bad," he shrugged obliviously. "It's just hard to imagine you as an intimate partner." 

"Whoah!" Chimney raised his hands catching Jane's hurt and furious expression, "Too far Buck and really, given your track record, you shouldn't be talking." 

As if catching what he'd just said, Buck looked over at Jane guiltily. "I didn't mean it in a bad way, Janie. You're just...you're too nice for the modern dating world!" 

"Sure," she clenched her jaw, digging her nails into her palms. "Sure that's what you meant. No offense taken at all, Evan." 

"And why wouldn't I give him advice?" Buck turned back to Chim. "Last I checked I'm in a stable, monogamous, relationship with an amazing woman. Hell, I'm the healthiest dater at this table."

Bobby, Chimney and Jane all looked at each other. Jane, remembering that last date she was on involved a man who kept scratching at the strange fungal infection on the back of his neck, gave an involuntary shiver. Then she tried to ignore the beginning of Buck's rant.