Chapter 9: A day in the life

Start from the beginning

"Charms was so boring. Usually he teaches us spells that we can use for pranks. Reversal isn't going to help at all." Everly said.
"Not everything is about pranking Everly." Regulus responded, sounding a little annoyed.
"I'm going to pretend yoy didn't say that Reggie, honestly you helped me all last year."

"If you guys are going to start planning pranks I'm leaving." Paisley said, "I don't want to be a witness."
"We aren't Pais." Reg said to her and then turned toward Eve. "Eve don't you think us getting detention should tell us something? I mean we got lucky last year never getting caught but I don't want to push it this year. We already have detention for breaking curfew, I don't want to get one for pranking too. We should just forget it." Eve was quiet. Just continued walking along with them not responding to what he said.

"Oh hell Reg you broke her." Paisley said after a minute of silence. "She's never quiet."
"What? No I-. Eve are you mad?" He sputtered cheeks going pink.

"You said forget it. So I'm forgetting it." She stated simply walking ahead of the two who stood their in shock.
"Is she mad at me? I mean she can't really be mad at me, she's the one who wanted to stay out even though I told her we were going to get caught." Reg turned to Paisley, his face full of conflicting emotions.

"Yeah but you could have gone back even if she didn't want to, you didn't have to stay with her." Reg stayed silent and Paisley continued. "Plus, you're one of the people she listens too. She never listens to anyone but when she does, you're one of the few." Paisley finished. She walked into class leaving Regulus standing there outside the classroom.

Why did she have to say a thing like that? He already blushed and felt a weird twisting in his stomach he couldn't explain when Eve would hold his hand out of nervousness or hold eye contact for a long time during conversation. He didn't need to be questioning why she listened to him as well.

They were working on animal transfiguration today in class. Professor McGonagall had a lizard on her desk that she turned into a silver goblet before turning it back again. Before practicing on their pets however, they had to take notes. Regulus was copying down the notes on the board while Eve, sat next to him, was staring out the window out onto the grounds.

"Ah Ms. Potter." McGonagall said walking over to their desk. "I can only assume, since you seem to be staring off instead of taking notes, that you have already mastered this spell."

Everly opened her mouth to say something but she continued before she could. "Why don't you come up to the front and demonstrate your knowledge to the class." Everly covered her scared eyes well with a charming smile walking up to the front and calling her owl to follow.

She didn't bother looking at Regulus although she could feel his eyes. He had told her a minute before to take notes but she didn't listen so instead she looked at the board as she walked, reading the notes McGonagall had written hoping to commit them to memory so she wouldn't embarrass herself in front of the whole class.

"Alright Ms. Potter." McGonagall had followed her up as well and pulled out her wand. "1, 2, 3, Vera Verto." She said gesturing Eve to try.
"Anything for you Minnie." Eve smiled as the class all laughed at the nickname. Eve pulled out her wand at McGonagall's stern look. She pointed it at her owl, "1, 2, 3, Vera Verto." The owl cooed at her before transforming into a shiny silver goblet.

The class erupted into cheers and McGonagall had to try very hard to control her surprised face, but Eve saw right through it.

"Oh don't be surprised Minnie. Your such a good teacher, I don't even have to pay attention to learn in your class." Everly looked back at the silver goblet on the table. "Do you mind turning him back? You haven't taught us that spell yet and I can't send letters with a water goblet."