At 9:30pm, Hermione returned home. She went to the kitchen, not wanting to pass through the living room and see the rest. She was feeling quite hungry, having not eaten since yesterday. The only thing that she felt like eating was a salad, so she began cutting up the vegetables. She was too busy thinking that she didn't hear the footsteps behind her. "Nice Haircut" She heard. She glanced over her shoulder, seeing Pansy standing in the doorway. "Thanks" She muttered. Pansy walked over, wrapping an arm around her sister's shoulders. "You know we love you right?" Pansy said. She gave her a little hug before heading out again. Hermione continued to cut the food, this time aware of her surroundings. So when she felt someone enter the kitchen, she looked over. She wasn't pleased with what she saw. "What're you doing here?"Draco snapped at her. "What're you doing here, aren't you supposed to be with your fiancé?"Hermione snarled, turning back to cutting the vegetables, aggressively this time. "We haven't fully moved in yet, I have reason to be here. You don't"He sneered. She turned around instantly, raising the knife up to his throat. "This is just as much my home as it is yours, you're the one who doesn't deserve to be here, you should be out on the streets"She barked. "What is going on here!"They heard. Turning their heads, they saw Narcissa and Jenny standing there. "Just getting my point across to your precious son"Hermione said, lowering the knife and going back to her food. "Draco, please go back to the living room"Narcissa told him. He rolled his eyes, leaving quickly. She and Jenny both walked over to Hermione, each Putting a hand on her shoulder. "You've been gone all day, where were you?"Jenny asked. "I had a meeting, and then I went to the salon, and I'm back"She said quietly. "That doesn't even add up to 4 hours"Narcissa told. "When you're in my situation, it does"Hermione remarked. She put down the knife and left the room with her bowl, slamming the door of her room loudly.

She ate aggressively, every bite flashed through a memory of him. In the end, she threw the bowl against the wall, watching it shatter. She dropped to her knees on the ground, her hands covering her face as she cried. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you"She muttered over and over. She heard knocking on the door barely 10 seconds later, before it opened. Astoria came in and closed the door behind her. She knelt down on the ground beside her, bringing her into a hug, letting Hermione cry on her shoulder. "Why haven't I given up"Hermione mumbled a few minutes later. "Because there's no reason to, people are shit and you don't need some of them. You need to focus on yourself and your career"Astoria told her, leaning her head against Hermione's. Hermione nodded slowly before getting up.

She magically cleaned up the mess before heading to the bathroom to wash her face. She then sat down on her bed and opened her bedside table. As Astoria closed the door, Hermione took out a stack of letters. "I'm gonna apply for a job tomorrow"Hermione explained, handing her half. "These are the Applications?"Astoria asked and Hermione nodded. They looked through them, and the only ones Hermione found interesting were the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures and The Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She needed to be out of this house as quick as possible, so she decided to do both, which was mentioned in the letter. The more she worked, the more time she was out of the house till the rebellion thing was done and she could move out to her Muggle home.

She went word that she'd accepted those two jobs before heading off to sleep. Not that it actually happened, she stayed awake the whole time, unable to sleep since she had run out of dreamless potion 2 days ago. Hermione got out of bed, and headed out to the kitchen. She began making a set of dreamless potion. She heated up the water in the cauldron before lining up a set of vials: 8 to be exact. It was the best that she could get. After she was done the potion, she was pouring it into the vials when she heard an owl at the window. She checked her watch as she headed to the window. It was 5 am, she wondered how she had laid in bed for 4 hours straight without noticing. She got the letter and sat down on the bar stool to read it.

I got note that you'd returned. I'm glad you're alright. I got your job Application and I see You've applied for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures and The Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I've talked with both of the heads of those departments and you'll be starting on Tuesday, two days from now. On the first day, you'll have time to set up your office (located in between the two departments) and make yourself at home. On Wednesday will be your official first day. I'm glad your back Ms.Parkinson, you had us all worried,

Kingsley

She smiled, putting the letter in her pocket when she felt another presence in the room. She turned around and saw Draco standing in the doorway. Her smile fell instantly. She turned around, waving her wand at the cauldron, making it instantly clean. She grabbed her potions, putting them in a box that she'd brought with her before walking out. Every time she saw him she'd tear up. She entered her room and placed the box on her desk. She drank one of the potions before lying back down in her bed.

Draco ran his hand through his hair before looking down at his engagement ring. He sat on the stool and covered his face with his hands. 'She deserved it, you know that, she trusts Astoria more then you!'A voice in his head said. 'Dont listen to him, listen to me, you messed up bad, it's not too late to call off the engagement'Another voice said. 'He isn't calling it off; Ami is much better then Mia'The first voice scoffed. 'But Mia means more to me' He thought. 'If she meant more why did you cheat on her and break her heart? You wanted to get away from her and now you've got the chance! Tomorrow's your first day of work in the ministry, you shouldn't worry about Mia but about the fact you're getting married in 2 months!'The voice said. 'You're an idiot if you're gonna listen to him' The 'good' side said. Draco shook his head before getting up. The idea of revenge seemed sweet to him at first but now that he saw how much it had affected her, he wanted to back down. But Malfoys don't back down. He went back to his room, and laid down on his bed. He glanced over at Ami, who was in the other bed.

"A deals a deal"He muttered.