chapter thirty-one

Start from the beginning

The huts had small showers so she quickly hopped in to wash the smell of the ocean off of her and got all of the sand out of her hair. When she finished, she dried herself off and got her lotion out of her bag, lathering her body in it. She slipped on the dress, smoothing it out, and looked in the mirror. It was a little on the tight side, but it fit her body like a second skin. She had packed some mascara, so she applied that onto her lashes, followed by some clear gloss.

She put her hair braids in a swoop ponytail, clipping some of the braids back and pinning them to the back of her head. When she was satisfied with her look, she stuffed her things into her tote bag and opened the door to the hut, looking around to see if the rest of the girls were finished. Gianna stepped out the same time as her and Lourdes found herself feeling envious of her outfit. She was wearing a black bodycon dress with the Chanel logo on the chest and black heels. She turned and spotted Lourdes with a relieved smile on her face and walked towards her.

"Thank God, I thought I was the only one still getting ready," She sighed in relief and beckoned for Lourdes to follow her. Lourdes fell in step with her as they made their way back to everyone who was waiting for them. Before they made it to the parking lot, Gianna stopped, making Lourdes stop as well and look at her with confusion. Gianna turned and had an apologetic look on her face.

"Lo, I'm really sorry for leaving you earlier, I should've known that sleazy ass guy was gonna try something when I left," She blurted, and Lourdes opened her mouth to stop her but Gianna held up her hand, "It was my fault and I just want to say I feel horrible,"

"Gia...I don't blame you for anything, it wasn't anyone's fault and you don't need to apologize," She insisted, grabbing her hand when Gianna still seemed hesitant, "Stop beating yourself up over it,"

Gianna was silent for a moment but she nodded and gave her a grateful smile. "Okay enough sad shit, let's go have a fancy ass dinner that we're not paying for," She enthused and Lourdes laughed.

"I can't even pronounce half of this shit," Nala complained from next to Lourdes, "Is it too late to sneak out of here and get a burger somewhere?" She hissed so the employees couldn't hear her

"Yes," Lourdes deadpanned, continuing to skim the menu. Nala was right though, she couldn't understand half of what was on the menu and she found herself looking a few things up on her phone discreetly. The restaurant had Lourdes in awe. It was right on the water, so they were watching the sunset over the ocean. Mateo had reserved a table that was outside so they could enjoy the fresh air and get a front-row seat to the sunset.

"Whatchu getting Matt?" Nico asked from the end of the table.

"Risotto au Homard," Mateo replied and the group collectively looked at him with confusion

"The hell is that?" Rashir scrunched his face up with disgust. Mateo pulled out the menu from in front of him and skimmed through it until he stopped on a page and pointed to something on it.