chapter 24

4.19.21

it's been a couple days and louis nor harry have seen or heard from connor. they take that as a good sign.

louis and harry were currently at the grocery store getting some snacks for a picnic later. niall invited all of the boys out to the park to hangout. they all have gotten pretty close since niall and louis found out about their "jobs"

"angel, you need to stop looking around, you're only psyching yourself out" harry said calmly to louis. he's been like this for a while.

"i know, i just can't help it, i have this weird feeling in my gut and it's making me nauseous" louis said, he was telling the truth. harry might think connors threat was empty but something in louis knows that it's very loaded.

"well don't worry. we're going to have a fun day at the park and you will forget about condom" harry told him with a smile on his face

louis started laughing "condom?"

harry nodded proudly and picked up some cupcakes "i think we're good on snacks, can you think of anything?"

louis looked into their cart, they had drinks and snacks packed into it "i think we have more than enough"

harry nodded and they headed to check out, all of a sudden louis felt harry grip his hand very tight.

"haz? what's wrong?" louis asked

"nothing just keep looking forward" harry whispered. louis saw that his eyes were almost perfectly avoiding the left direction.

louis being louis, didn't listen and turned his head slightly to the left. once he did he wished he didn't, standing one isle over was connor and some other guys. they didn't see them but louis looked quickly away just in case.

they made it out of the grocery store and into harry's car swiftly and harry didn't waste time to drive to his flat.

"so now i know you are worried, you just don't want to show me" louis smirked

harry shot a small glare towards louis "whatever" he huffed out.

they got to harry's flat five minutes later. louis noticed harry looked around before opening his door. louis got out himself and grabbed some bags and waited for harry.

they got into the building and into harry's flat. once they got in they started organize the snacks and drinks until they were content.

"what time does niall want us to get there?" harry asked

"well he said he wants us all to go there to meet him, something about a surprise" louis told him as he was trying to steal a cupcake

harry slapped at his hand gently "okay so what time should i tell liam and zayn?"

"um what time is it now?"

harry looked at his phone "3:35"

"i'd say about an hour" louis shrugged and walked into the living room, giving up on the cupcakes.

harry followed louis and wrapped his arms around his waist before he could sit down "what do you want to do until then" harry whispered in his ear

louis would be lying if he said he didn't get shivers down his back. he hid it though and laughed it off "down dog" louis patted his cheek and turned around "not yet"

harry nodded and kissed louis quick "do you want to watch a show?"

louis shrugged "sure"

they sat down and watched reruns of this show neither of them watched to pass time.

before they knew it they heard knocking and liam's voice "get out of louis and open this door!"

harry laughed and opened the door "oh darn it" he said as he saw zayn and liam. liam pushed his shoulder playfully and walked in.

"hey do you guys know that there's this creepy car outside?" zayn said as he walked in

louis jumped from the couch and went to the window, sure enough there is this creepy old truck with tinted windows parked out front. he was about to wave harry over but the truck drove away fast "weird" louis muttered

"well are you guys ready to picnic?" liam cheered

they all laughed yelling out a "yes" and left harrys flat.

they got outside and louis looked around and couldn't find that truck, he shrugged and started walking with the rest.

"so does anybody know what surprise it is?" liam asked as they were almost at the park

"no but it's niall so expect something extreme" louis laughed

louis heard an old car engine and looked behind him, there was the old truck. it seemed to be following them. it was driving really slow.

"hey babe!" louis heard harry yell.

louis turned his head away from the window just as the trucks windows were rolling down. as soon as his eyes met harry's, they heard loud noises.

it didn't take louis long to realize that, one, the noises were gun shots, and two, they were aimed at them.

the noises were loud and louis' ears were ringing. he was in shock, he couldn't move.

before louis could even react, he felt harry's strong warm body tackle his and he was on the floor within seconds as the gun shots rang out.

DUN DUN DUNNNN! so so sorry it's short again :( i hope you liked it though! i have the WORST headache rn! i feel like i'm going to die. shoot maybe i shouldn't say that bc i'm rereading htcbwsmcasmoa... anyways.. DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! LOVE YOU MWAH - madeline :)