Chapter 21 - Trip to SHIELD

Start from the beginning

"Of course, you can't get past reception without a card but I can take you to C4 to get one, makes a lot of sense" Steve complained, rolling his eyes.

"Stop complaining old man, we have to go and get it now" Seven grabbed his arm and began dragging him towards the corner of the building with had a large 'C' painted on the wall and Steve used his ID to let them through. 

Steve used his ID again to let them through to the printing area and he wandered over to swipe it onto the printer and they both heard the machine begin to whir to life. 

"Wow, those ID's are important" Seven stated, watching the printer begin to shake as it printed the information onto the card and even laminated it, it really was a fancy printer.

When the card was done printing Steve reached to grab it and began reading it to make sure all the information was correct. Her picture was clear and her date of birth was correct but he raised an eye at the name, handing the card to Seven who immediately went to check to picture.

"Seven Romanoff ay?" He asked, smirking slightly.

Seven panicked, technically it was correct but he didn't know that and she stammered an excuse which he seemed to buy. "I just couldn't think of a name, plus 'Stark' and 'Rodgers' are pretty recognisable".

The pair left the printing room and Seven slipped her ID into her pocket, really excited to see the girls as they passed C5 and C6, getting increasingly more and more nervous too.

When Steve and Seven entered the hospital wind there was another small desk, a friendly-looking older woman sat behind it and smiled when she saw them begin to walk towards her.

"Hello dears, how can I help you both?" She asked with a smile.

"I'm Steve Rogers, here to see the girls relocated from Russia that were brought in yesterday" Steve stated while he tapped his fingers on the desk.

"Alright, can I see some ID?" She asked and Steve pulled his card out once again, the lady nodding when she scanned it in a small swiper which Seven assumed made all of the information appear up on the screen.

"Okay Seven I'm going to go and find the doctors but I'll meet you in the girl's area in a few hours, I have a few jobs to do here." Seven didn't have time to say anything before Steve took his ID back and walked away, leaving her alone at the desk.

"Would you possibly be able to tell me where to find them?" Seven turned back to the woman at the desk and gave her an anxious smile.

"Of course sweetheart but I will need to see your card" The woman held out her hand and Seven reached into her pocket and handed it over.

"What an interesting name, I've never met a Seven before!" The woman looked up again and Seven looked down, avoiding eye contact. Her name was interesting to others but was a constant reminder of the Red Room and HYDRA.

"Uh, yeah it's pretty unique I guess," She shrugged.

"And you're a Romanoff, like the agent?" She mused as she scanned it, Seven internally cursed, considering she had no idea how well Natasha was known she probably shouldn't have picked that one, plus this was SHIELD, she literally worked here. 

"Something like that I guess," Seven said dryly, wanting this whole encounter to be over.

"You do look very alike dear, the same eyes!" The woman was just being polite but Seven looked around anxiously, she didn't want anyone overhearing.

"I've gotten that a few times before" Seven admitted. "The girls?" She added when the woman carried on looking at her and her card.

"Down the hall and take two rights, they're in the recovery ward, room seventeen," She said while handing the card back, "Have a nice day!"