|we make our own fate|

After we left the hospital, we went back home to the packhouse, straight to our room. He was insatiable and he was proving his point that he was always hard for me as he said. "Dom, we need to go downstairs or something." I groaned as he stared at me from the end of the bed, his eyes hooded with lust. "Fuck no, Dom. I'm sore everywhere." I hissed. He chuckled and nodded, "Same, but I wanted to fuck your negative thoughts out of you." He replied, "Did it work?" He lifted his brow smirking. "I think you fucked everything out of me, honestly." I sighed. He chuckled and reached up. 

I backed away, chuckling. "Relax, Cal. I just want a cuddle." He whined. I held my arms open and he laid across my body, tangling our legs together. "Are you happy?" He asked. "I am, babe. I was afraid I wouldn't ever feel this happy but the fates are on our side." I sighed happily and scratched my fingers through his hair. He made a sort of purring sound as I did. I chuckled and kissed his hair. "We make our own fate, mate or not, I would choose you over anyone." He sighed. My heart swelled, I was so lucky to have him after everything. 

"Well, I need to tell my no-good dad to leave." I sighed. He sat up and looked at me wearily. "Are you sure you want him to leave?" He asked. I nodded and sighed, "Yes, sometimes mental scars heal and don't leave marks... He marked me, he permanently marked my body. The wound healed but I'm stuck with this on my face." I grumbled. He hooked his finger under my chin and leaned up, he kissed each line of my scar and my body trembled. 

"As I said all those years ago, they're your battle scars, shows you survived." He breathed. "You remembered?" I choked. "I remember everything about you and me." He smiled. "I've loved you for years, just because I didn't show it, doesn't mean I didn't notice all the little things you did." He added. I smiled brightly at him and grinned. "Apart from the fact you still felt the same for me... That I didn't realise." He chuckled. "How about I show you now?" I panted. 

His eyes went wide and he jumped back. "Again?" He asked, his body reacting to me. I nodded, "Let me show you how much I love you," I replied, my voice thick with desire and need as I crawled towards him. "I'm yours, baby, yours for the taking." He growled before slamming his lips into mine.

After making sure he knew how much I loved him, I decided we couldn't stay holed up in the bedroom forever as much as the idea sounded inviting. We made our way downstairs and into the pack living room. "Alpha, Beta." David, one of the warriors greeted us. "Are you still wanting to be Alpha with me?" Dom asked through the link. I glanced at him and smiled. "I'll be whatever you want me to be," I replied.

"Spread the word, pack meeting tomorrow. More details soon through the pack link." He announced to the few members that were here. I glanced at him with my brow lifted and he winked at me. "Come on, there are some people that have been eager to talk to you." He mentioned, linking his fingers through mine." He mentioned, pulling me towards the kitchen. We stepped into the kitchen, "Caleb, how are you feeling?" Amaris rushed over and held my face in her hands. I chuckled and nodded, "I'm ok," I replied. "Sorry to rush away, but there's somewhere we need to be." Dom smiled at his mum, she grinned and nodded. She went back over to Cory and his son. 

He pulled me towards the door. "Dom, where are we going?" I questioned, trudging after him as he dragged me along. "You'll see." He grinned. I sighed, rolling my eyes. The pack was full of life, children were running around. Members were interacting with members from my old pack. I've recently learned, most, if not all are choosing to stay here. It makes me happy knowing they're safe. 

We reached the little park, not far from the packhouse and my breath hitched in my throat. "Caleb, it is you." Ruby choked before running over to me. She threw her arms around my neck and sniffled. "I've missed you so much." She wept. I stroked her hair and hummed. She stepped back and glanced at Mason. "I told you, he'd be happy settled in a nice pack with a mate, didn't I?" She grinned. I chuckled, "It's really good to see you both again, I missed you both." I expressed. Mason's eyes were watering but he did his best to hide it, but I saw. I snickered to myself and he rolled his eyes. 

"Come here, Mase." I grinned. He came over to me and held his hand out, smirking at me. I chuckled and tapped his hand. That was our greeting when we were younger, I can't believe he remembered. Maybe I was missed back at the pack just as much as I missed being there with them. 

"Guys, this is Alpha Dominic." I introduced, "My mate." I added proudly. They raised their brows at me confused, "How are you the Beta if the Alpha is your mate?" Mason questioned. "Long story but I didn't know he was my mate until recently, I haven't had my wolf for long," I explained. Their eyes lit up, "We saw you at the pack, your wolf is stunning." Ruby cooed. I chuckled, "Thanks, although his ego is big enough at the minute... He doesn't need more compliments to inflate it even more." I cackled. 

Canon growled in my mind and I jumped a little in shock. 'Nice to hear from you, stranger.' I rolled my eyes. He huffed at me then disappeared again. We spent the rest of the evening talking and reminiscing about old times. Dom left after a bit to sort out the details for the pack meeting, I told him to do whatever he wanted which resulted in an eye roll and a huff because I should be helping. 

"You two are the cutest." Ruby gushed with a dreamy look in her eyes. I chuckled and smiled at her. We spent a few more hours together before I decided to head back home and find out what he's planned for this meeting. I stopped outside of his office and inhaled, he was in there with his whole family. Do I go in or wait? 

"Caleb?" I heard Henry's voice behind me. He had a bag strapped onto his back, I stepped over to him and took a deep breath. "I'm leaving, son. I can't stay here and see you every day, knowing I did that." He cringed. "You deserve to live peacefully and happily. You can't do that with me here." He sighed. "Stay." I blurted. His eyes went wide and he stuttered with his words. 

'Why the fuck are you telling him to stay?' Conan growled. 

'He said he can't stay and look at me, that's punishment enough. Let him look at me every day knowing he scarred our face. I have to look at my face every day so he deserves to.' I replied. He didn't reply so I'm guessing he's on board with my decision. I think it's a pretty good one. 

"I have to see my reflection every day." I sighed, "So now you do too. You get to walk around knowing everyone in this pack knows you marked your son in a way no one should be marked." I snapped. "Believe me, this is you getting off easily. Go stay with Carson, I'm sure he'll be happy to know you're sticking around." I rolled my eyes and turned around. 

Dom and Rhydian were stood behind me. Rhydian stepped towards me and wrapped his arms around my back. "You ever lay a finger on him again, I'm coming for you." He snarled. "Welcome to the pack, Henry." I could feel the smile on his face and I chuckled silently, Dom grinned at me and I blew him a kiss. 

"We need to talk to you," Rhydian mentioned as he pulled away. I nodded and they led me back to the office.