|welcome to the pack|

"Are you ok?" Amaris asked as we left the building. "What's going to happen to him?" I questioned. She took a deep breath, stopped and turned to me. "He'll be going to the wolf council to be sentenced." She muttered. I nodded and smiled at her, "Is that ok with you?" She questioned. I raised my brow at her, "Of course it is, I don't know everything that happened to you but he deserves it." I declared.

She smiled at me and draped her arm across my shoulder as she pulled me towards the packhouse, "You're a rare soul, Caleb." She muttered. "Would you want to know what happened to me?" She asked. I shook my head, "I don't need details, I got the gist of it when Alex said what he did." I sighed.

We reached the packhouse and she turned to me. "If you want to go back to your pack, I won't stop you. But I would love it if you would stay here, with us." She expressed. "I want to stay." I decided. Callum made it clear what will happen if I go back. There was a loud squeal behind me and a husky chuckle. I looked towards the packhouse door, Addi and Dom were beaming at me. "You're staying!" Addi screeched as she ran towards me, she wrapped her arms around my back and snuggled into my chest. I chuckled and squeezed her gently. She pulled away, she glanced back towards Dom who was stood behind her. She looked back at me and smirked. 

She stepped out of the way and Dom came forward. He stood awkwardly in front of me before punching my arm, "Glad you're staying." He smirked. "You kids go have fun... Meet back here in one hour." She ordered. She had a slight twinkle in her eye, I raised my brow at her and she smirked before walking into the packhouse. "What's going on?" I asked as they both glanced between each other then back to me. "No idea," Dom replied, shrugging. I groaned and rolled my eyes. 

"So, what do you want to do?" Addi asked, looking at me. "Up to you, whatever you do for fun," I replied. "I know somewhere," Dom responded, gesturing his head to follow him. I nodded and we strolled along, talking and laughing together. We reached their house and I raised my brow at him. He chuckled and carried on walking, going past their house. "Where are we going?" I questioned as I glanced around. I haven't quite got the layout of this place yet, it's huge and I know I'd get lost. 

"Somewhere Addi and I used to play when we were pups." He revealed. "Oooh, why didn't I think of that place." Addi groaned then chuckled. We continued walking until we reached a huge oak tree. I stared up in awe, "A treehouse?" I bubbled. Dom pulled on some rope and a makeshift ladder fell. Addi was the first to go up, she climbed up and pulled herself up onto the little balcony. "This is safe right?" I panicked. Dom chuckled and glanced at me. "Don't worry, you go first." He smiled.

I took a deep breath and grabbed hold of the rope. I glanced back, "If I die, I'm coming back to haunt your ass." I glared playfully. His eyes darkened before he rolled his eyes and shoved me. I chuckled and climbed up the ladder. Once I had made it to the top, in one piece, I looked down and he was climbing up. I went into the treehouse and Addi was sat on a beanbag. "This is cute," I pondered, looking around. 

We spent the next 45 minutes talking and laughing. They were both really easy to talk to, I felt like I'd known them for years. I also found out what an anchor is... If Addi ever loses it or she loses control and the Dark Wolf in here takes over, I can calm her down. That's what an anchor does apparently. They were definitely both my best friends... But they were also plotting something, now and again they would mindlink each other. "We need to go back," Addi abruptly stood up. She glanced at Dom and he grinned at her. I rolled my eyes but followed them back down the ladder. 

We made our way to the packhouse, they were both practically running. I had no idea what was going on. They kept glancing back at me and smirking then they would look again and grin. I resorted to frowning or scowling at them which made it worse, they thought it was hilarious. As we reached the packhouse, I saw the majority of the pack members stood around. If they weren't all chatting together and smiling, I would have thought something had happened. 

As our presence was made known everyone turned and stared at us. I furrowed my brows as Rhydian and Amaris gave me an encouraging smile. "Now the guest of honour is here, we can begin," Rhydian spoke to the crowd. All eyes fixed on him and I looked around for this guest of honour. "Caleb, would you want to come up onto the porch?" He asked. I raised my brow at him but I minced towards the door, staring at the ground. 

I stood next to Rhydian and scanned the crowd. They were all smiling at me. "Before I begin, are you sure you want to stay here?" Rhydian whispered, turning to me. I bobbed my head. "We're here to witness the bonding of Caleb becoming a member of The Dark Wolf Pack." He exulted to the crowd. My eyes went wide and my smile grew brighter. 

"So Caleb, do you promise to always do what's best for this pack? Follow and obey your Alpha and Luna? Never go against your pack and always have your pack members best interest at heart?" He asked. I nodded, "Yes." I replied, my voice strong and clear when inside I was crumbling. I never thought I'd find somewhere again after what happened. But, they've taken me in and gave me a home, a family. They've given me somewhere to belong.

"We usually make a huge deal with the rules and regulations of a wolf joining our pack, but we're going to skip the boring parts." Amaris pointed out. Everyone chuckled. She held a little silver knife up towards Rhydian. She could hold it easily, I assume she's immune to silver because of her wolf. She held Rhydian's hand, palm up and smiled awkwardly at him. He nodded as she dragged the knife down his palm. He winced and I raised my brow. "Silver still hurts me." He chuckled harshly. She repeated the action with my hand. Rhydian placed his palm over mine and as soon as our blood mixed, I felt it. 

I felt the connection being made of being a part of a pack again. I could feel the emotions of every single pack member. They all opened their links and welcomed me in. I felt my eyes tear up at the new feelings of being a part of a family again. He pulled his hand away, Rhydian's cut was already healed. I glanced at mine and I sighed. Amaris held her hands over my palm and the familiar red glow appeared. She removed her hand and my palm was healed. I smiled sweetly at her. She placed a hand on my cheek and returned the smile. 

"Welcome to the pack, Caleb." Everyone chorused.