|whiplash|

It's been a couple of hours and Rhydian or Amaris haven't been back. Addi has tried talking to me, but to be honest, I have no idea what to say. I can't stop thinking this is my fault... This is my fault for coming here. I could have brought whoever this Callum is back into their lives. He said I looked like his son, what if he's my grandfather? What if he's my real dad, I mean, his wolf was the spitting image of Carson's. What if my dad isn't my dad? Is this rogue connected to what happened to Carson when he was taken? I have all these questions that I know won't get answered if I stay.

"You're overthinking," Dom mumbled. He was sat on the chair, flicking through Netflix. Addi left to go and do something with Lucas, who I haven't officially met. So, I'm left with Dom who is really confusing me. I see him glancing at me now and again but he never says anything. I rolled my eyes but didn't answer him.

I need to find this rogue or go back to my pack. I need answers otherwise I'm going to lose it. "You're fucking annoying," He groaned. "I can hear your leg jumping up and down." He turned to face me and sighed. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm tired." I shrugged. "I'm going back to my room." I sighed. "No, wait." He blurted. I faced him and raised my brow. "Training starts next week for our positions." He smiled at me. I furrowed my brows at him, "Our positions?" I repeated. 

He nodded and grinned. "Oh, come on, you know you'll be an amazing Beta." He smirked. His mood swings are giving me fucking whiplash. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "I'll see, ok?" I sighed. I can't say no because then he'll question me and I can't say yes because... Well, I'm not going to be here. He nodded and grinned at me. "See, I'm always right." He whistled as he went and sat back on the chair. I chuckled and headed towards the door. I stopped and took a deep breath, "Thank you for what you've done for me." I whispered before rushing out. 

I'm going back to the pack, even if it kills me in the process. I jogged back to the packhouse, a few pack members nodded at me and smiled. I was just starting to feel welcome here, I'm going to miss everyone. I felt a close connection to Addison and Dominic, I'm going to miss them so much. They made a massive impact in my life even in a short time. I saw Rhydian and Amaris walking towards me, I ducked behind a wall. They stopped a few feet away from the wall. 

Rhydian looked at Amaris and shook his head. "Not until we know." He said. Amaris sighed and took a deep breath, "He deserves to know that it was his grandfather." She retorted. He nodded, "I agree but not until we are sure he's safe." He advised. "I know you're right. I'm just scared." She whispered. He nodded and pulled her into him. "You're safe, baby. He won't get you near you." He muttered as he held onto her. "But what if he does?" She whimpered. He placed both hands on either side of her face, "I'll always find you." He deadpanned before leaning down and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. They continued walking towards their house and I was even more determined to leave. I needed to keep them safe.

I sprinted to the packhouse and straight inside. I ignored the questionable looks from pack members as I darted up the stairs. I made my way to the top floor, stopping to catch my breath before I hurried to my door. I swung it open and rummaged through the wardrobe for any kind of backpack. I found a small bag and I pulled it out, throwing it onto my bed. I began pulling a few t-shirts from the cupboard and throwing them on my bed. I grabbed a couple of trousers and shoved them in the bag. I packed the shirts and grabbed a hoodie and pulled it on. 

I grabbed a notebook that was laying on the dresser and looked around the room for a pen or something. I groaned out loud, there has to be a pen or something. I pulled open the drawers on the desk that Rhydian had kindly given me. I stopped and grinned when I saw a pack of unopened pens hiding in the back. I ripped open the pens and grabbed the notebook. 

Dear Amaris and Rhydian,

I'm so sorry for what I've caused. I've brought back the memories of your past and I didn't mean to. You've both been nothing but kind to me. You reminded me of what parents should be, Dominic, Addison and Cory are lucky to have you. 

I'm going back to my pack, I need to. I need answers, I need to find out what happened to Carson. I need to confront my mum about Callum. I heard you both, I know he's my grandad. If I stay, I'm scared I will cause more harm than good. I know the Moon Goddess said I need to, but I think the world of you and your pack. I can't do that to any of you. 

Please, say goodbye to Dominic and Addison. Thank them for what they've done for me and I'll never forget them. Don't look for me or come after me, please. It's better this way. 

You're one in a million, Amaris and I'm thankful I got to meet you. 

Caleb x

I sighed and re-read the letter over and over. This is going to have to do. I folded it and wrote their names on the front and placed it on the pillow on the bed. I picked up the bag and glanced around at the room one last time. My eyes were filling up with tears and I wiped my face. I took a deep breath and stepped towards the door. It flung open and I stopped dead in my tracks. 

"I fucking knew it!"