|firecracker|

"How many warriors do we have?" Dom questioned, looking up from the pile of paperwork in front of him. I glanced at him, "20 give or take, I'll speak to Cory." I answered. "So, we'll leave in 2 days." He mentioned. My eyes went wide and I frowned. "2 days?" I glared. "No, we to leave... like now." I insisted. He sighed and shook his head. "You know the protocol for what the council is asking for." He stressed.  

The council come to this pack for help because of Amaris and Alex. They use the Dark Wolves as a threat because no one can beat them. Over the years, I've realised they only call when something is bad, something they are struggling to contain. So, whatever happened at my old pack is serious. 

"Yeah." I huffed, "Train for a full day and set off the next to the location." I grumbled. He nodded before standing up and coming towards the sofa. He sat next to me and grabbed my hand, I sucked in a breath and my eyes darted between ours and his face. "Listen, this is personal for you. We need to go in with clear heads, we can't afford any casualties." He sighed. I nodded and leaned back on the sofa. "Cal, what if he did kill Luna Lily?" He whispered. 

A deep scowl set on my face and I stared at the wall in front of me. "Then I'm gonna take his life." I deadpanned. "Lily was innocent. She didn't want to stay, she was the reason I made it out of that pack. She's the reason I'm here now. She didn't deserve this." I whispered. He sighed and leaned back against the sofa next to me, "What if he didn't? What if losing Lily has changed him?" He asked, nervousness in his voice. I know what he was asking... Would I stay and take my rightful place as their Alpha? "He made his bed, he can fucking lie in it." I snapped. 

"We can place pack members that don't want to stay with him, in other packs." I sighed. "Or we could take them? They would still be under you." He shrugged. I glanced at him and smirked. His lips curled into an amused smile. "Get your mind out of the gutter." He chuckled but there was a huskiness to his voice and I didn't miss his eyes darkening. Goddess, let him find his mate soon. 

"So, I'll go speak to Cory and let you know about warriors." I slapped my knees before standing up. "Cal?" He muttered. I turned, "Hmm?" I hummed. He gave me a dazzling smile. "Everything will work out, you'll see." He breathed. I nodded and walked out of the office. I took a deep breath outside of the door. I heard him sigh dramatically. I smiled to myself, at least it's not just me with these feelings still

"Hey, Addi." I greeted as I stepped into the kitchen. Addi and Thomas were stood by the sink, having a heated discussion about something. She turned and smiled at me but it didn't reach her eyes. I raised my brow at her and she sighed, rolling her eyes. "Caleb, I want to join you on this mission from the council." He stated. I looked at Addi and she was pleading with me, shaking her head. "Go speak to the Alpha, you too, Addi," I answered, making sure Addi was listening. She grunted and dragged him with her. 

I rolled my eyes and went out to the back garden. "Hey Ezra, you seen Cory?" I asked. He was stood playing with his daughter, Amelia. "Oh, Amelia... Look it's Caleb." He cooed pointing at me. "Caleb!" Her little voice squealing. I chuckled and smiled at her. "Yeah, he's in the dining hall." I nodded and headed back inside. 

I opened the door and was suddenly engulfed in a hug around my legs. "Cal, Cal!" He chanted, I peered down and chuckled. "Hey, little Knight." I cooed, picking him up. "Where's your dad?" I asked, glancing around the hall. My eyes settled on Cory, he was chuckling walking towards us. "Drake Rhydian Knight, what have I told you about running in the dining hall?" He scolded. "Not to do it." He answered, looking at his dad. I set him down and he walked so slowly towards his dad, I bit back a chuckle when he shouted: "Is this slow enough, daddy?" The kid's great, he's 3 but he's so forward and advanced for his age.

"You looking for me?" Cory asked, stopping in front of me with little Drake on his hip. I nodded, "How many warriors are ready?" I asked. A look of pity crossed his face, "23... There will be 24 if I can train this new warrior before tomorrow night." He sighed. I nodded, "I can help?" I offered. He shook his head, "Drake, go find your mummy, baby. She's just over there, but don't run." He warned. Drake nodded and shimmied down his body. Cory put him down and gestured me out of the hall. 

"No, you focus on yourself, Cal. Ezra and I have got this." He patted me on the back and I sighed. I nodded, "I'll see you later." I went back to Dom's office to let him know about the warriors. I arrived at the door and I could hear Dom and Addi arguing. I pushed open the door and watched as Addi was in Dom's face. He looked at me and raised his brows. She was a little firecracker when she goes off on one. I chuckled walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her back. She took a deep breath and almost instantly calmed down. 

"Now, Addi, will you stop attacking your brother?" I chuckled. She nodded and sighed. "Good," I replied, letting her go. "You're not going." She snarled at Thomas. "I'm a warrior, baby. This is what I do." Thomas clarified. "I know," She whined. "I'm sorry, of course, you can go. You don't need my permission." She groaned. "Ugh! What the fuck is wrong with me? My wolf is constantly on edge." She moaned. "Go talk to mum, Addi. She is a Dark Wolf after all." Dom suggested. "Maybe she knows what's happening." I shrugged. She sighed, nodded and linked her fingers through Thomas's and led him out of the room. 

"I've missed these little outbursts of hers," I chuckled. "I haven't." Dom countered, rolling his eyes. I nodded. "Ok, warriors. We have-" I leaned over and clutched my head. "Fuck, Caleb what's wrong?" Dom asked, but he sounded far away. My head was spinning and throbbing. A shrill ringing sound was in my head, getting louder and louder. "Make it stop!" I choked. The pain stopped as quickly as it appeared. I stood up and frowned. 

"Caleb, what was that?" Dom panicked. "I don't know," I answered, groaning. "Fuck, Dom, stand still. You're making me feel seasick." I gagged. "Caleb, I'm not moving." He whispered. "Huh?" I asked. "Caleb, open your eyes." He yelled. The last thing I saw was Dom running towards me before I blacked out.

"Caleb, it's time. Open your eyes." I knew that voice, the voice of an angel. I opened my eyes and the Moon Goddess was so close to me, the closest she's ever been. 

"You're ready."