Dabi x Male Reader

TW// fluff, yandere, toxic traits and relationship, stockholm syndrome

I'm stuck inside my room for two weeks so maybe it's time to write again. A bit of self-projection on this one, but I feel like it's not too far from reality. 

Word Count: 1k

_______

It felt weird to have warm water on your skin again. Time seemed to move extremely slow since the first night here, but had it really been an entire week? The grim and dirt floating down the drain confirms that it was. Still, it's hard to think about how anything. Your thoughts are complicated and they keep twisting and changing every second, trying your absolute best to stay 'reasonable' or 'rational', but it's hard when you find yourself enjoying the few seconds of comfort he gives. 

Dabi was rarely gentle with you, in literally every way. He started to tease you when you cried that first night, he bruised your body from hugging you too hard, he got impatient whenever you refused to eat or drink. Even when you were sleeping, he'd crawl into bed and wake you up with kisses and spooning. 

As much as you missed the freedom of life before, you had to admit that feeling cared for was nice. You never got this much attention from anybody before. Feeling rough fingers tracing the skin that peeked out from under your shirt was calming. Maybe you're a bit more touchstarved than you realized, but how is it wrong when all you want is to fall asleep in his arms again. Even having the small droplets of warm water falling on your skin is enough to remind you of him, the heat similar to the heat in the gentle pecks on your neck. 

Fuck... you really were falling for him, weren't you?

Turning the water off with a harsh sigh, you open the shower curtains and step out. Rough textures of the towel making the sensitive bruises ache slightly. Drying yourself off was a pain. You continue anyways and try to focus on getting changed. 

He was right there when you opened the bathroom door. Not surprising, but it caught you off guard to see more scratches and burns than usual. Small scarlet beads dripping from a laceration on his left cheek. You couldn't help but wonder how the opponent managed to get close enough to cut him, Dabi could hold his own in a fight very easily.... right? Why does it pain you to see Dabi hurt anyways?

"Are you not going to give me hug?" The black haired man teased slightly. Although there was sarcasm, you knew that there was genuine hope you would actually commit to it. You sighed and walked back into the bathroom, silently opening up the drawers looking for bandages or something. "Don't fret about it, dollface, I'll fix it up later-" 

"You're going to get blood over the floor." You didn't actually care about the floor. It could be ruined for all you cared about, but you needed an excuse. 

"Is the floor that important to you?" shit... 

Expecting to see a playful smirk, you looked up to find a damaged ego. He wasn't smiling like before. He was just.. staring. It felt wrong. It felt off. You gripped the bandages tightly and started to clean up his wounds with a hand towel. "...It looks expensive," "money doesn't matter." 

Scarred hands slowly rose over  yours, caressing the skin with purple scars as he continued; "I don't like liars. You know the truth. Say it,". Why is it so hard to do? You open your mouth but every thought running through your head is only causing more anxiety to dwell within you. You know that you're falling in love with him, but you know it's wrong. What if he doesn't actually care about you? What if this is just a test? 

"I-.. I'm-," Your face turned into tones of red and pink. The humiliation is killing you. 

"You.... You what, baby?" 

"I'm... I'm scared to fall in love." 

The pause was deathly silent, nobody even daring to breath. Dabi's blue eyes looking intently into yours while burning tears form in your eyes. His mouth was slightly ajar, staring in shock. Maybe he was disgusted after all. Did you convince yourself that he loved you? 

Dabi's calloused hands swiftly intertwined with yours before pulling you into him. You limply fell on him and his lap, soft whimpers and cries escaping your mouth despite your efforts. You felt so pathetic and vulnerable. You felt weak. Insecurities surrounding yourself was finally coming into light and you don't know how to handle it. How humiliating can you feel? This shouldn't be as complicated as it is. Why were you in love with him? Are you that stupid and naive-

"It's okay, puppy," an unnaturally gentle tone for Dabi. All you could see was adoration within him when you looked. His hands let go of yours to swoop around your back and pull you close to him, hiding you under his chin with one arm with the other stays around the small of your back. Tears wetting his white t-shirt. "You don't need to be scared.. I love you, even if you don't love me back-" 

"But I think I do love you, I-.. I don't know what to do." All you wanted to do was hold onto him and sob your heart out, was that really too much to ask for? 

"You don't need to do anything, baby," he whispered softly, a hand coming up behind you to comb through your hair. Something so simple, but so calming. "Just focus on me. That's all you have to do. It's okay to cry."

And cry you did. Bottled feelings and emotions going straight into the comforting embrace of flame boy. It was all so complex and complicated, how were you supposed to get through this without him? Maybe it isn't so bad to just sit here with him. Allow him to hold you and gentle rock you as the tears trickle down. Allowing yourself to love him and feel loved wasn't as horrible as you thought. 

"It'll be okay, baby, I promise."