CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk

Start from the beginning

"What? This is the simplest dress out of all the ones I brought," she said.

"Red is such an attention stealer, Jaz. And it has a slit on the side!" I pointed.

"It's nothing, Mia. It's there for a reason. If you're not going to wear it, then I will," she said as she began to reach for the dress in my hand that I quickly retract.

"Go find yours in your pile. I'm gonna find matching shoes for this," I said as I walk towards my closet.

"I knew you're gonna wear it," she smirked at me and proceeded in looking for a dress to wear.

---

As the night deepens and hours pass of deciding what to wear, Jaz and I settled on the bedroom floor with a big tub of ice cream.

"So what now?" she asked me as she scoops from the tub.

"Huh?"

"The thing between you and M," she side-eyed.

"I don't know anymore Jaz. Everything is so confusing," I said as I grab the spoon and shove it into the ice cream.

"Well not to me,"

"What do you mean?"

"Mia, it's clear as day that Michael likes you. He ain't going to send a dozen flowers a day if he doesn't," she said and faced me.

"Really, Jaz? That's your basis?" I raised a brow at her.

"Look, all I know is he's sincere. I doubt that engagement the moment I read it,"

"How so?"

"They don't look engaged to me when we're having dinner at his house. All of us, including him were uneasy because of her cheesy actions," Looking back, I think she's right. But I'm too caught up with my emotions that night that I forgot to read the room.

"That doesn't change the fact that he's still engaged, Jaz." I sighed as I dug onto the ice cream again. She stayed quiet for a minute and stared at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"Yes there is. There are a few lies on the corner of your lips, right here," she said as she grabs a napkin and wiped an imaginary mess on my face.

"Wha- Jaz stop," I said with a giggle.

"What? It's true! You're lying to me and to yourself. We both know you like Michael so what are you afraid of?"

I heavily sighed because I definitely know the answer to that.

"My heart, Jaz." I faced her with hurt written on my face.

"I don't know if I can take the gravity of his name. I'm afraid that if I do let him in, my heart can't take it," I worried.

"Don't you think you're depriving yourself from being truly happy? The way I see, I think this is the time, I can tell that Michael is serious about you," she assured me.

"But what if-"

"Mia, there will always be what if's. But if you try to answer them all, you'll lose a lot of time instead of dedicating it to something much more important," I looked at her with uncertainty.

"I know it's scary, and you're taking a leap of faith here. But you'll never know unless you try. I'm confident that Michael will take good care of you. Just give him a chance," she said and hugged me with much comfort.

Maybe this is the right time for me to stop being afraid and take a risk. It's scary to do but she's right, I'll never know unless I try and be open to him. I just hope that if I throw all of this uncertainty away, it won't bother my heart again. The last thing I want to be in is lying on a hospital bed for having an attack.