50

Luke was coming home today. And tomorrow my tournament started, which meant no more softball for months. But that also meant I'd have to work out at the gym and stuff which wasn't fun either.

But at least I'd have more time to spend with Luke and everyone else.

"Are you ready for Luke to come home?" My dad asked as I rushed around the house to look for my car keys. I'm surprising him at his house so that we can be alone. Plus I didn't get the opportunity to look at more baby pictures so I'll be doing that too.

"Yeah, if I can find my damn keys then I can actually go though." I said in frustration.

"You mean the ones that are on the shelf in the kitchen?" He asked and looked up from his newspaper and looked at me.

"I didn't put them there." I said and went over to the shelf and grabbed my keys.

"I did because I found them in the couch this morning." He said as I rushed towards the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love you." I shouted.

"Love you too." He said back as I headed out the door and to my car.

  When I got to Luke's I tried to think of a way to surprise him. By the time I heard the jiggling of his keys in the lock I still hadn't even thought of anything. So when he opened the door I was just standing there in the little hallway.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a smile and closed the door behind him.

"Well my plan was to surprise you in a much better way than just standing here but you came home earlier than I expected you to." I said as he walked over to me with a wide smile on his face.

"I missed you." He said and picked me up and held me tightly.

"I missed you too." I said and inhaled his intoxicating scent.

"I have news." He said and brought me over to the couch.

"Good or bad?" I asked and sat on his lap and fooled around with his shirt.

"It depends on how you take it." He said and held his hands on my hips.

"Okay." I said and looked up at him and waited for him to tell me.

"We got offered to open up for another band that's going on tour soon and get signed with their management team." He said with a small smile.

"With who?" I asked curiously. 

"One Direction." He said casually, meanwhile I was on the verge of losing my damn mind.

"You what?" I practically screamed which made him jump a bit.

"Ashton said you'd scream." He said and blocked his ear for a second.

"Well duh. You're gonna be on tour with One Direction." I said excitedly and pushed his back against the couch.

"Wait... you're gonna be on tour." I said softly and completely deflated once I realized he'd be gone for so long.

"Yeah." He said and released a heavy sigh.

"You're leaving me." I said sadly and pressed my lips together to keep them from trembling.

"I'll be gone, but I'm not leaving you." He said and pulled me into him and rubbed my back.

"When are you leaving?" I asked softly.

"Not till September." He said and leaned his head against mine.

"So you're not going to school with me?" I asked and lifted my head from his shoulder.

"No the three of us are dropping out." He said and put his hand over mine that was on my leg. I kind of just looked at him with a mixture of emotions on my face. I didn't care that he was dropping out, mostly because I believed that they would all be a really successful band. But I was going to miss us all being at school together. Now it would just be us girls living our boring lives.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said and felt a lump form in my throat.

"I'm gonna miss you too, but we won't have to miss each other for a couple more months." He said and tucked my curls behind my ear.

"I don't want you to go, but I know you have to and that's the worst part." I said and rested my forehead against his chest.

"I'm sorry baby." He said sadly and rubbed my back.

"No don't be sorry. You're going and I'm so proud of you. Ignore me when I tell you that I don't want you to go, because I do. Most of me wants you to go, it's that small selfish part of me that wants to keep you all to myself that wants you to stay." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're not selfish Ellie." He said and tangled his fingers in my hair.

"I am when it comes to you." I said and leaned the side of my head against his.

"I'll always love you Ellie." He said seriously after a few minutes of silence.

"Once you become famous you'll have girls like Megan Fox or Katy Perry after you, you won't want me." I said and sniffled a bit.

"That's bullshit. I'll always love you, even if Megan Fox or Katy Perry decides to fall in love with me. You loved me at my worst and you helped me get to my best Ellie. I could never leave you for anyone else. If we break up it'll be because you got bored of me." He said seriously.

"Well it looks like we're not breaking up then, because I can't ever leave you." I said and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Good because I really don't know what my life would be like without you in it." He said and placed a long kiss on my lips.