46; Another Twist

"Are you okay?" Jiyang catechized with concern as he silently ambled into the quiet room where the other person laid on the bed in solitary, in complete gloominess, Jiyang could barely see a thing as he slowly made his way in, the moon light being the only source of light.

Xiao Zhan sighed sitting straight on the bed, his body covered by a blue joggers and a shirt. "Why do everyone keep asking that, am getting tired of that question. Do what you people expect me to say?! " His voice rosed a bit but Jiyang remained unpuzzled as he slowly sat on the bed beside Xiao Zhan's legs.

"We only ask that because we care Xiao Zhan" he told him.

Xiao Zhan shut and opened his eyes as he licked his dry lips. "I'm fine, am not gonna kill myself. That's not what Uncle would want"

"Earlier, Wang Yibo said you shouted at him" Jiyang stated.

"Am not mad at him, I just needed to be alone with my thoughts..."

Jiyang interrupted. "And then what? This is not something you can do alone. So afar, Wang Yibo is your biggest supporter, you can't push him away, you need him and he needs you"

A single tear drop slipped out from Xiao Zhan's eyes. "Earlier, I thought I lost him as well when he didn't respond to my calls. I panicked when that thought crossed my mind. I would lose my mind if I lose him too"

"I know how it feels because trust me, I've gone through it as well when Haoxuan was shot on the chest before my eyes, I saw the world crashing down before my eyes" Jiyang slowly held Xiao Zhan's held gently and gazed directly into his teary eyes. "I know what you're feeling right now and I really admire the fact that you are still sane, fighting to get through this but right now, at times like this, Wang Yibo is all that you need because he is the only one who can take away the burden you feel in your heart"

Xiao Zhan gave a little smile through the pain. "Thank you Jiyang"

Jiyang smiled brightly. "You know I really miss your nagging. So, stop sulking and come back to the Xiao Zhan am used to. That's what your uncle would want for you..." He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and put it into Xiao Zhan's palm. "I found this on your Uncle's desk while searching through his stuffs. I'll be leaving" Stroking his hand gently, Jiyang stood up and walked out from the room.

Bringing up his hand up, Xiao Zhan unfold the paper and saw a long note written with ink, he switched on the lamb beside the bed and the words came out boldly before his eyes.

"At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.

If you are reading this letter, that would mean am already gone.

I don't want you blaming yourself and pushing those around you away for what happened because it was meant to be from the start. My life had never be mine since the day your mother landed you over to me, my mean aim was to protect you and take you away from all of these but in the end I still failed to watch over you, now am leaving the task for someone who also has his own demons to fight but I guess you guys are meant for each other right from the start.

Whatever that had happened before you received this letter, I want you to know, it had to happen because I wanted the only heir of the Xiao's family to be safe and fight for all that had happened to me, your mom, your dad, your family, everything.

This is my goodbye to you, don't give up yet till it's over because it's not over till she's gone from our life's. Trust me, with my death, a new door has opened, a new step to get your revenge.

I've already talked to Wang Yibo and he knows what to do, am sure he would give you the life that your truly deserve. I want you to love him and do everything to make him happy as he would do for you. You only have each other from now on, you have to watch each other's backs and get through this.

Remember this...

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Love, Uncle"

Reading the last word, a shaky breathe let his mouth as he bought a hand over his mouth, sobs wanting to escape from his lips while his face grew red as he tried to restrained them.

"Am sorry Uncle!!" He choked out as the silent tears streamed out while he did nothing to stop them.

A few more minutes, Xiao Zhan finally calmed down as he wiped the tears off his face. Instantly he put down the letter and walked out from the room, he walked down the stairs to the living room where he found most of Wang Yibo's men standing at their post but he found no familiar face in sight.

"Where is Wang Yibo?" He grilled.

"The boss is attending to the one responsible for the explosion in his basement" one of them answered.

Living in the mansion for the few couple of days, Xiao Zhan had come to realize Wang Yibo attending to anyone in the basement was not good, he/she probably wouldn't make it out alive from there, he had finally came to the realization that he was in love with a monster, a handsome, sexy monster, his first and his last.

Curiously, his legs carried him towards the direction of the secret basement located under the mansion. Reaching there took a few minutes but when he got there, the cries of agony were what reached his ears first.

"You aren't supposed to be here" the man guarding the door said while blocking Xiao Zhan's path.

Xiao Zhan tilted his head as a rebellious idea popped into his head. Knowing what he did last time, Xiao Zhan swore Wang Yibo would never let him into his basement again, not in this lifetime at least but he would get there anything.

In one swift movement, Xiao Zhan had his legs between the man's legs and while he leaned down groaning in pain, Xiao Zhan pulled out his gun from the back of the man's pants and held him at gun point. He smirked. "Trust me, I've used this before. I suggest you move out from my way before I blow your fucking head off!! Tell Wang Yibo I said so!"

The man glared angrily as he slowly moved away from the head while a gun was being pointed at his head.

"Wait!" Xiao Zhan's voice stopped him.

"Unlock the door!" He ordered and the man obediently unlocked the door with the secret password and the door opened with a deep tone.

"See, that wasn't so hard now was it?" Xiao Zhan said as he scrolled in and the door shut behind him but his gun was kicked out from his hold, landing on the floor. His eye widened as a fist was flying towards his direction but he ducked and held the man's fist, twisting it to his back as he pushed out harshly to the hard wall, knocking him out cold.

Xiao Zhan spined to find Wang Yibo before him with cold bloodshot eyes. Xiao Zhan's eyes immediately softened as he threw his arms around his neck in a tight embrace.

Wang Yibo shut and opened his eyes as the calming scent of his lover filled his nose, chilling his hot blood. Wang Yibo slowly circled his arms around his waist, putting him close, wanting to feel more of that warmth.

"I didn't mean to, I just wanted to see you" Xiao Zhan whispered softly.

"Shh, it's okay" Wang Yibo replied.

"Awe, isn't that lovely, the monster also feels warmth" a mocking voice filled with pain and agnoy reach Xiao Zhan's ears. He turned his head to the side and was shocked at who he saw.

"Li Cheng" he voiced out as his grip on Wang Yibo loosened, breaking the hug. Xiao Zhan gazed at the man tied to a chair with blood soaked clothing, completely beaten badly.

Li Cheng smirked with a shallowed face. "Don't be so shocked, I have always been number three on his list. Just my bad luck he caught me in the act for the last time but guess what, I don't regret it" he chuckled without humor.

"I can't believe you are also part of this"

"Hey, I've been in this for as long as I could remember. No one cares" he revealed. "Turns out, he had always been with me" he added quietly.

Xiao Zhan turned to Wang Yibo. "What is he talking about?"

Wang Yibo sighed. "Xiao Ying had a love affair with a married woman which result to her being Pregnant. Li Cheng is the son of your Uncle, Xiao Ying"