Chapter 19 - The necklace

Start from the beginning

"What did happen to Nat?" Pepper asked, worried for her friend, "Is she okay?"

"She got shot but she's physically fine. Ivan said something to her though" Seven explained, trying to reassure Pepper, "Anyway, we came in here for a reason sooo-"

"Oh yeah!" Peter said, dropping to the ground and searching underneath the counters.

"Alrigghht" Tony said, "We have twenty minutes until the meeting kids so we are going to go shower, amongst other things" He smirked as he grabbed Pepper's hand, pulling her up.

"TONY" She swatted him, "The kids!"

Seven and Peter just exchanged disturbed looks before watching them leave, ignoring his last comment.

"Oh my god," Seven said, bursting into laughter, "Those are your parents"

"Don't remind me," he groaned, standing up and brushing dust off of his sweatpants, "It isn't here" 

Seven quickly stopped laughing and frowned, where else could it be?

"What does this necklace even look like?" He asked curiously.

"It's just a plain silver chain with an hourglass pendant" She shrugged, she didn't know why it was so important to her, maybe because she had had it for as long as she remembered, or because it was the only thing that was truly hers.

"We'll find it Ven" He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I hope so," She said glumly, it wasn't looking good.

"Shall we check your bedroom next? you could have taken it off to shower"

"Maybe I did," She said, unconvinced. 

The two had searched all around Seven's bathroom and bedroom and the necklace was nowhere to be found. "It's gone," Seven said hopelessly as she sat down on her bed, "It must have fallen off in Russia, it's been blown to pieces."

"We could get you another one" Peter offered, sitting down next to her.

"No" Seven shook her head, "It isn't the same, that one had sentimental value." The pair sat in a thick silence before the Irish AI's voice filled the room.

"Peter and Seven, you need to make your way to the conference room now for the meeting." Seven quickly dried the few tears from her face and stood up. 

"Let's go," She told Peter, "Time to get some answers."

The team sat around the wooden table, just about to begin the meeting. Seven was shocked to see Natasha there, she wasn't crying anymore and she had showered but she still looked pretty upset and drained. 

"Alright everyone, well done on your work today" Steve began, standing up. "Although there ended up being some distractions, all the kids have been rescued and are currently at SHIELD's hospital wing, receiving any necessary treatment"

"What will happen to them after?" Seven asked, she had grown up with a lot of these girls and wanted to know where they would end up.

"There's a rehabilitation program currently being devised. The children will be with SHIELD until they are no longer a threat and can return to either their parents or orphanages around the state." Steve reassured her. Seven didn't exactly want them being called a threat but she knew realistically that that's what they were. They were trained in combat and had killed dozens each, including herself.

The escapee - MarvelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara