Chapter 11

We pulled up to his house and went inside. I said hello to his sisters and family. Aaron grabbed my bag with my clothes for tomorrow from the back of his car.

I was still a bit off as I always am after dealing with Mr. Moon but I was trying to forget about it for now. He brought my stuff in and put it beside the couch. He went upstairs to go change and I sat down on the couch.

"How was it? Was it perfect? Was he the perfect gentleman?" His sisters and mother asked in unison.

"It was great. Yes it was perfect. Yes he was a gentleman" I said, answering each question.

They all looked at each other with an excited look. Then they all looked at me and pulled me into a hug.

"You were always a part of this family but soon it might be official!" His mother said, pulling me into an even tighter hug.

"Please don't suffocate her mom" Aaron said walking down the stairs and saving me from his family.

I mouthed a thank you to him because I really was beginning to suffocate. His sisters and mom left us and we decided to watch some movies. We sat down and as the movie was staring Aaron got up to get some snacks.

He came back with my favorite soda, chips, candy, and chocolate. We have known each other for our whole lives so it's no surprise he knew what to get. It was a surprise that he got all of it for me.

He sat back down and pulled me towards him. He grabbed a really soft blanket and spread it out over me. I swear he is the sweetest boyfriend a girl could ever have.

I hated to destroy what might be the first and last perfect date of my life but I had to ask Aaron if he would give me the book back. He looked at me and simply said no. When I asked why he said he knew I didn't sleep last night and that if he gave it to me I wouldn't sleep again.

He was right and I knew it but I couldn't help but wonder how he knew. I pushed that conversation to the back of my head, took a sip of my soda, and went back to focusing on the movie.

I had wished this moment to never end but the movie was rolling its credits. I was worried Aaron would be tired of having me lean on him. Instead of him moving to get up he moved to grab the remote and ask me what movie I wanted to watch next.

With a goofy childish grin on my face I picked princess movies and he just chuckled. We stayed up for hours watching movies before I fell asleep next to him. I just hoped that this mission against the government wasn't going to kill us or tear us apart. This is too perfect to give up.

I woke up to the smell of chocolate chip pancakes. They have always been my favorite. Of course Aaron knew that. I sat up and noticed that Aaron was the one baking.

"Dude you are gonna burn down the house!" I said laughing at him covered in flour.

"That may have been true once but I recently learned how to cook" He said defensively.

I rolled my eyes and sat down at the counter across from where he was baking. He looked up at me and smiled.

"What?" I said confused at why he was staring at me.

"You're beautiful," He said without hesitating.

I looked back at him. I started to blush and quickly turned my head away.

"Come on we have been friends for all our lives and now you hide your face from me" He said.

He had a point so I picked my head up and looked back at him. We already had so many embarrassing memories together so there is no point in hiding anything. We already know basically everything about each other.

He put a plate of pancakes in front of me and drowned them in whipped cream. My smile grew the more whipped cream he put on. Then he sprays whipped cream all over me.

"AARON!" I yelped while laughing.

"Oops!" He said simply, and innocently.

I took my hand, wiped some of the whipped cream off and threw it at his face. After our short food fight his sisters came down stairs and helped us clean up. We sat down and ate our pancakes.

"So maybe your baking skills improved a bit" I looked at Aaron and said.

His sisters started giggling and Aaron gave them a death stare so they would stop. I took all the dishes and started cleaning them since Aaron made the food. When I went to grab the soap someone's hand grabbed mine.

"Make my sisters do the dishes, you can sit with me for a little while longer then you have to get home" He had a point but I didn't want this to end.

I walked away from the sink and sat with Aaron. I tried to convince him to give me the book but he was not changing his mind about that subject. I grabbed my bag and sadly started my walk home.

It was more like a lifeless body dragging in a general direction. I got to my house and Sophia jumped into my arms yelling and laughing.

"ARE YOU MARRIED YET!!!!!" She yelled.

"No! Now calm down" I said laughing at her.

She jumped down from my arms and looked up to me. Then she ran to the kitchen and brought me back a cookie. I thanked her and told her to go to bed. She didn't listen of course and she ran to the couch instead.

I let her go knowing she would fall asleep on the couch and I could put her to bed then. I went to talk to my mom and wanted to walk out the second her eyes met mine and she opened her mouth.

"So how was your date?" She said looking at me while trying to hold in an obvious laugh.

"I am not going to have this talk with you and I never will. I just wanted to tell you I am going to stay at school a bit later to work on a project for Mr. Moon's class tomorrow" I said while slowly stepping backwards out the door.

I rolled my eyes and walked out. I looked at the couch to where Soph should be but she wasn't. I walked to her room to see her asleep with an open book next to her. She is so much like me when I was little but I am going to make sure she grows up better and happier. Then I walked to my room and went to bed myself.