Chapter One

Everyone's life is decided when they are born.  Not by fate, not by their parents, not by a fortune teller, but by science.  At least what the government calls science.  No one realized how dumb and fake all of this really was until I was born. 
    When every child is born something in their blood gives them a colored dot on their hand.  This dot tells you what your profession or job will be.  Orange is entertainer, yellow is educator, green is a manager, blue is medical, purple is businessman,  gray is a language specialist, black is poor, and red is an executioner.  Anyone who is born with a black dot is killed when they are 18 by the people with red dots.  Why do they have to wait until they are 18 I can and will never understand but that's how it works.
When you get your color you only learn the things necessary for your future job.  If you are born with a blue dot, meaning medical, you never take an art, gym, or difficult math, and english classes.  You learn the math you need like measurements and just enough english to get by.  Also, If you fail to succeed you are executed along with the black dots.
Now back to me.  I am Phoenix Campbell.  My friends call me Nixie.  I am the girl who broke the entire system.  When I was born I had no dot at first.  This had happened before so they did what they normally do and took a sample of blood to see what I am supposed to have.  The test came back with nothing.  They didn't know what to do so they wanted to give me some time to see if anything happened. 
When I was 3 a multi-colored dot appeared on my hand.  So they sent me to school to learn about everything.  I took every class available because no one knew what it meant.  Everyone's dot decides their lives.  Mine on the other hand decided to make my life miserable.
    The soft low buzz of my alarm clock signaled I should wake up and get ready for school, however, I was already awake.  I walked to my bathroom and looked in the mirror.  There was a 16 year old lifeless body staring back at me.  I put on some makeup so I can at least look alive.
    I looked back at the mirror seeing a regular happy teenage girl that was definitely not me but it was what the public wanted me to be.  Everyone knows me as the girl who can do everything.  Not able to do everything, I can do everything.  This means I have to.  Ever since I was born I have had to learn everything for every job possible. 
    Everyone is good at one thing.  I have to be good at everything.  If I am not I get executed.  Most people have 4 classes a day or less.  They are at school for about 4 hours or so.  I have to go for at least 10.  I get more work and stress in one hour than anyone else gets in their whole lives.  It doesn't matter anymore though.  I am smart all the time and I smile all the time.  It seems to work.
    I grabbed my usual ripped jeans, black shirt, and a hoodie tied around my waist.  I got ready to walk out the door when I passed my mother's room.  She is still asleep, which is what I expect.  She takes care of my little sister Sophia all day.  I walked to my sister's door to see her awake.
    "What are you doing, Soph? You're usually sound asleep when I am getting ready to leave" She looked back at me and smiled.
    "I wanted to see you.  Teachers at school talk about how amazing and smart you are.  You get to do everything. I have to be a teacher"
    Sophia looked down at her yellow dot.  She was lucky that she didn't have to learn everything all at once.  She was 9 and shouldn't have to worry about her future yet. She was taking classes about teaching english to middle school kids.  She took english class and she would start simple kids psychology in a year or two.  I walked over to her, kissed her head and put her back to sleep before finally leaving.

That's the end of chapter one I hope you liked it!!!!