Chapter 10

I took a second look around her room. It was big with bright pink walls with pink, blue, and purple everything. It looks like the room of a young princess. I smiled as I walked out of her room and into mine.

Looking around my room I saw almost the exact opposite. I had calming grey and mint green walls. Everything was those two colors or black. I flopped on my bed and pulled out my computer.

I pulled out my headphones and played music as I did my homework. I had gotten an email from Ms. Aarrows saying we had an assignment due and that we had to write a one act. She expected me two write a 30 minute one act before Monday morning.

I started writing and by the time I submitted it my morning alarm went off. I rolled off my bed and turned off the annoying buzzing machine on my bedside table. I changed and got out of the house fairly quickly so I went and got some coffee knowing I wouldn't make it through the day without any.

When I went to grab my backpack I was reminded that it was Saturday so I didn't have to go to school. I went down to the coffee shop and got an iced coffee and then I got a call.

"Hello?" I asked, knowing it was Aaron's house phone.

"Hey, Phoenix. Do you wanna go out to lunch with me? If you want you can stay the night at my house with me and my sisters" Aaron said hesitantly.

"Is this you asking me on a date?" I said trying not to show too much excitement.

"Yes?" He said as if questioning his own sanity.

"Then yes!" I said smiling bigger than I ever have before.

After we hung up I raced home. I got inside and Sofia asked me why I was so happy. I told her Aaron asked me on a date and she said she wanted him to propose today.

I laughed and rolled my eyes as I went to my room to get ready. I picked out my light-washed, skinny, ripped jeans, my black crop top, and my white and black sneakers.

"Phoenix! Someone's at the door for you!" My mom yelled up the stairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back, grabbing my wallet and hopping down the stairs.

I looked at our front door and saw Aaron standing there joking around with Sofia. He is so cute when he is with her and she loves having him around. That makes two of us.

"You look beautiful! Are you ready to go?" Aaron said, looking at me.

"I am literally only wearing jeans, but yes I am ready to go" I said waving goodbye to my mom and Sof.

"You would look beautiful in sweatpants Nixie" Aaron said, opening the car door so I could get in.

I blushed a bit and got in. He turned on the radio and I started singing at the top of my lungs because my favorite song came on. We drove for a while and we sang together for most of the drive.

I expected this to be awkward but we have always kinda acted like a couple so this was normal for us. We drove for a while and then we finally pulled up to our final destination. The Carnival.

I looked at Aaron and smiled. I had always wanted to go to the carnival but I never had the chance. I hopped out of the car and dragged Aaron to the Cotton Candy stand.

He let out a laugh at my childish nature and got me some. I tried to pay for it but he was quicker to hand the guy his money. We walked around for a while holding hands and then he wanted to go on the ferris wheel.

I hated heights but I was willing to do it since Aaron has been buying me things the entire evening. We started going up and the further we went the closer I inched to Aaron.

"I know you hate heights so thanks for doing this with me" He said wrapping his arm around me and pulling me closer to him.

"No problem, it's not that bad,'' I said, lying.

"You're freezing Nixie!" Aaron said, giving me his jacket as we came closer to the grounds.

Before I had time to protest I had his jacket on my shoulders and his arms around me. We stepped off the ferris wheel and the sun seemed to be taking a vacation. We walked around for a bit before hearing someone behind us call my name.

We didn't know who it was so I told Aaron to run. We ran through the carnival but the guy was still behind us. I told Aaron to keep running and I stopped. The second Aaron realized I wasn't with him he came back.

The guy following us came up to me and took off his hood. It was Mr. Moon.

"Are you kidding me?! You followed us here and decided it was smart to yell out names and run at us?" I yelled at him.

"Okay, So it wasn't very smart. There is something you need to know. I know how to hack the government's system and help you" He said looking over his shoulder as he spoke.

"I don't know if you'll accept my help but I am offering it. I'll leave you alone but just think about what I said" He looked over his shoulder one more time and then put his hood back up and left.

I looked at Aaron with fear evident in my eyes. The world started spinning and shaking around me as I fell to the floor. Aaron caught me and quickly understood my panic attack.

He has seen me like this before so he got me a water bottle and just held me for a little while. The spinning and shaking calmed down after what felt like hours and Aaron was willing to take me back to my house.

"No, it's okay. I am still willing to stay over at your place if you still want to" I said.

"Okay then! We'll grab some of your favorite ice cream and then head to my place" He said smiling and leading the way to his car.