epilogue

tw: mentions of self-harm

a week later

-jacqueline-

it's been a week since i escaped the castle. i was trying to put my life back together by still attending college, but the police thinks it's "too much for me to handle," so the college ordered me to do my work online while i'm currently getting help at a psychiatric hospital. it may suck, but i needed help for what had happened to me.

still, the thoughts of the brothers lingered in my mind. i even had weird dreams and hallucinations of them every single day while in group sessions. they all looked scarred head to toe with their burn marks and hardening glares. it shaken me up so much to the point of harming myself. it was melancholic.

i was getting ready to lay down until the door opened, revealing a nurse with purple hair.

"jackie, a friend of yours wants to talk to you" she said. i turned around to see everly, a friend of mine who attended the same college as me before she transitioned to a dance school in france. i gave a weak-willed smile at her.

"hi everly, how are you and jerôme?" i asked as she sat next to me on the bed. she gave me a stuffed teddy bear.

"we're doing fine. jerôme is not drinking as much as usual, so he's doing a lot better."

"and dance?"

"i'm taking a break from dancing right now"

i gave her a concerned look. "did you have another injury?"

"no," she said, smiling with happiness. "i'm pregnant"

my heart flipped with pure joy. "aww, congratulations! is it a boy or a girl?"

"we don't know yet, but i can try and keep you updated," she replied, getting up from the bed. "anyways, rest well. we really hope you feel better after all that mess screwed you up."

"thank you everly. i can't wait to see the baby" i said as she left the room. i got comfortable on the bed as i sighed happily, holding the stuffed bear near my heart.

peace at last. i thought as i dozed off, dreaming about my new life.

fin.