12.

-third person-

nighttime fell as jacqueline wiped the remaining sweat off her forehead. she just got finished lathering up the entire castle with gasoline and hoping that the blood lechers will burn once and for all. right now, she was standing outside of the castle, holding a box of matches, a flashlight, and watched as the brothers' frantically search for their doll.

"where is she?!? i told her not to leave!" she heard walter's voice shrieking from the castle.

damn. now it's time.

without thinking, she struck the match, dropped it, and made a run for it. she didn't look back and kept running, hearing the agonizing screams and moans from the brothers as they burned to death. the smell of smoke was filling up the air.

she stopped running for a deep breath. all those days of agony were finally coming to an end and no more girls were going to be kidnapped. she smiled mentally in her mind and gave herself a pat on the back.

serves them right she thought as she started running again. she was lost in the darkness, so she turned her flashlight on to see. she noticed the road and started running towards it. she got on the road and continued to run.

she was running so fast that she didn't noticed a policeman in front of her, knocking both of them down. he got up, causing her to freak out.

"i'm sorry. i-i've been trapped somewhere with four non humans and i needed to get out." she whimpered, trembling in pure fear. the policeman helped her up and looked at the wounds on her neck and wrists, along with her paled skin.

"ma'am it's fine. are you the missing college student?" he asked, she nodded her head rapidly.

"yes. jacqueline"

"please come with me to the police station to ask some questions. after that, we'll send you to the hospital."

she just nodded her head as the policeman stretched out his hand for her to hold. they safely made it out of the forest and into the police car.

throughout the ride, jacqueline cried softly with tears of joy. she was free. finally.

—————

i feel bad for myself for killing off the brothers tbh.