4.

tw: body discovery.

-jacqueline-

"honey, do you have everything you need?" my mother asked as i placed the dagger and spray bottle in my purse. tonight was the party; so mom told me to take my "investigating" stuff with me to incapacitate the "hosts."

"i'm sure. i'll make sure that i won't talk to them, accept any drinks, or do anything else weird." i replied, putting on the full faced masquerade mask. i made sure i had everything and then i locked my apartment up.

"okay. please, jackie, be careful. they're very alluring and one is very destructive."

"i will. don't worry" and then she hung up.

i walked where the party was hosted at since the music was muffled. after a good minute, the castle appeared in front of me as i opened the door.

taking in a few breaths, i walked inside and it was huge. everybody was either dancing, chatting with their friends, or drinking. lights were flashing along with the floor glowing random colors.

it's time to find out what's going on.

—————

i didn't stay long; i talked to some of the guests, ate some food, and danced a little bit. right now, i was outside the castle, throwing the bodies into a river. mom told me to dispose them so that the police could find the missing girls; who met at a tragic end when i found them in an ice room. i was hesitant about doing it, but it was worth it.

after disposing them, i took off my gloves and went back inside the castle, noticing that it was awfully quiet; the music wasn't playing and the lights weren't flashing, only the sound of the water moving from the creek was heard. i checked the time on my watch, seeing that it was already twelve o'clock. i thought the party ended at one?

while walking down the stairs, i heard footsteps behind me, prompting me to pull out my knife just in case; seeing no one behind me, i continued walking, occasionally looking back. seeing that the hallway was getting darker, i turned on my flashlight to see better.

suddenly, i felt a strong hand cover my mouth, along with a male voice whispering in my ear.

"you shouldn't have done that," the voice whispered, his hand making its way to my neck. "now, you'll be staying here with us for a couple of days."

"like i would stay with you" i said, bringing my fist up and punching the mysterious man right in his face, watching him fall on the floor; he was pale, with curly black hair tied in a ponytail, and was wearing a victorian inspired outfit consisting of a purple vest, an orange top that was ruffled, black pants, and blue sneakers. the man's eyes turned yellow as he wiped the blood that was running down his nose. i took off running, not even looking back.

hissing was heard as i continued running, trying to find the exit. god, why is this castle so big?!? noticing the exit, i ran towards it, only for another man to block the door, giving me a cheshire cat smile; he had black hair as well, but it was short, and was wearing a blue coat, an orange top, jeans, and yellow sneakers. his eyes were yellow as well.

"you really thought you would escape after you had dispose our former dolls and injure our brother? well, well, you were mistaken, jacqueline."

"what do you mean our? and how do you know my name?" i questioned, but the man just chuckled, pulling out a syringe filled with a liquid.

"oh? you didn't get the postcard before you came here?"

the postcard. it was signed off with their initials.

the man grabbed my arm, getting ready to drug me with the syringe. "well, you figured it out. now, goodnight."

without thinking, i shined the flashlight in his eyes, causing him to clutch his eyes in pain and drop the syringe. i grabbed him and threw him down on the floor, noticing a red rash forming around his eyes. emptying out the syringe, i ran out of the castle and out of the forest, praying that i make it back home in time. suddenly, a shadowy figure blocked my path, eyes were glowing yellow as well.

"where do you think you're going, jacqueline?"

leaning closer to me, i saw another man with a ponytail, similar to the first one, but it was on the side, wearing a red short sleeve with golden accents, black pants, and black sneakers. he also had a monocle on his left eye, with dried blood underneath it.

a sharp pain then hit my arm, causing me to fall in a dreamless sleep.