Chapter 10

All I can hear is a constant beeping sound and it's getting on my nerves. I just want to sleep but I can't when there's constant beeping. I open my eyes and now I remember what happened. How could I have been so stupid. I have a weird cast thing on my knee and it feels so weird. I hate hospitals. They're so bare and boring and a little creepy. Also the smell is so weird. My dad is sleeping next to me. Oh even when he's asleep I can see the worry. I hear the door to my room open and I look over. A very pretty nurse walked in.

"Oh good you're awake," she walks over checking the machines.

"How long was I out?"

"A good day," she gave me a smile and my dad breathed in deeply.

He had woken up and it looked like he had a full seizure when he realized I was awake. He tackled me in a hug kissing my forehead.

"Oh sweetie thank the gods you're awake.(if you know you know) What the hell were you thinking?" His mood changed so quickly," we agreed no more volleyball. You knew it would hurt you."

"Dad, I know. It's just, I miss playing so much and I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry," my words rushed out and tears threatened to fall.

He wrapped me in a hug again," I know you miss it but don't do that again."

"I won't," I hugged him back.

The rest of the day I spent in the bed bit able to do anything. My dad had to leave for work and the only other person I saw was the nurse. Where is everyone? Where's Tanaka? Why is it so boring here? My door opened and I looked over. Kiyoko and yachi are standing at the door with flowers. How sweet. (Fun fact I hate flowers. They smell nasty and they are just to hard to keep alive)

"Y/n! You're up," yachi ran over and pulled me into a hug.

"Yes I am up. Did you miss me," I hugged her back the best I could considering I couldn't move my legs.

"We all have. Especially Tanaka. He's never been so quiet and it's kinda scary."

"Oh my god, he really is worried. I should never have played. Wait if they're so worried why aren't they here?" I feel the disappointment in my whole body.

"They wanted to come trust me but coach wouldn't let them. He said for them not to worry because you're strong. And he said for them to distract themselves for the moment. He mainly pointed this at Tanaka because he's been off his game," kiyoko explained joining the conversation.

I smiled at the compliment but I can't help but feel guilty. It's my fault his game was off. If I wasn't so stupid I wouldn't be in here.

"Hey don't look so down. The doctor said you can leave tomorrow. You'll just have to use crutches," yachi did her best to reassure me.

They stayed for most of the night. We had a pretty good time. The doctors had to kick them out so I could sleep. It took me forever to fall asleep though. I was really hoping Tanaka would be here today, but I guess what coach says goes. My eyelids slowly got heavier as I drift off to sleep.

——————
Word count: 569

I'm really sorry for the small chapter. But like I said I've lost a lot of motivation but I figured a small chapter is better than no chapter. Thank y'all for reading. I promise the next one will be longer. I love y'all❤️❤️