𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐭 | 𝟏𝟎

Start from the beginning

'Goodnight Mikasa', I slowly drifted as the bright moon shone through the broken window, helping me to fall asleep.

   ┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
          ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

'Wake up F/N', I opened my eyes to hear Mikasa calling me.

From now on, we've decided to get up early and go out to do some training before breakfast, as she needs a partner and I could use the extra training too.

'I'm up', I told her yawning and pulling my heavy blanket over me. I slid off of my bed and grabbed my uniform, pulling my white shirt over my arms and after putting my trousers and boots on.

'Shh', she whispered, turning the door knob slowly as we got the most convenient room in the cabin for not wanting to wake anyone up early.

As we crept through the hall, we managed to reach the door in silence and once we got outside, were met with the orange sun rising.

It was perfect to watch whilst warming up.

'So are you excited for combat today F/N?', Mikasa asked as she retied her lace on the porch of the cabin.

'I'm a little nervous actually. Don't get me wrong I have faith in myself, but i've never done combat before and I dont want to get my arse beat in front of everyone', I admitted, sitting down next to her.

'You'll be fine, trust me F/N', she assured resting her head on my shoulder as we just sat there, watching the sun rise, 'I think you've got potential'.

'How come?', I questioned turning my head to her.

'You mastered the manoeuvring gear yesterday, even Shadis saw. Plus you're good with coming up with solutions so even if you find yourself in a sticky position you'll think your way out of it', she insisted with pure honesty.

'Wow. That means alot Mikasa', I thanked, 'You'll have to watch me now', I told her as her kind words had boosted my confidence.

'And you make sure to watch me too', she replied.

'100% I can't wait to see who tries to go up against you'.

'Oh yeah? What's up with me?', she giggled, looking at me.

'I've seen the way you fight! Do you not remember punching Eren when we were younger? Also you mastered to gear too', I had to praise her for her abilities, they were beyond exceptional.

'When he threw the bread at Armin and I then shoved it in his mouth? Oh dear I remember that now', she laughed looking down.

'See. We'll be just fine, now let's get started', I stood up, holding my hand out to her as she grabbed it and I pulled her up off of the cabin stairs.

'Let's go'.

   ┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
          ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Breakfast had finished and Mikasa and I had already finished our training. We headed out of the dining hall to be met with a fair bit of training ground, perfect for combat.

'Today we will be doing combat training!', Commander Shadis announced to us all.

'Knew it', I whispered to Eren who was standing next to me.

'You'll be in partners for it, i'll pair you up and once you've completed a sufficient amount we'll swap partners'.

I could hear everyone sighing as they didn't know what to expect when fighting against other people that they had just met. Some people we're going to take this seriously and some we're clearly going to mess around.