Chapter 1-1: Introductions

Start from the beginning

Are they dating? I thought to my self but somehow, I didn't get that impression from them.

The boy was tall and lean - he had spiky black/maroon hair and red eyes with dark bags under them. He had quite a disheveled appearance. A sly grin sat on his face and he carried himself with an air of cockiness.

The girl was short and had extremely long and messy white hair. Curiously, her hair had a pale blue, purple, pink, green and yellow tint that covered it like a sheen. Like the boy, she was rather slim and had passive eyes which, similarly to her hair, consisted of an odd colour. They were a gradient yellow-red colour with golden pupils. She was quite cute, all things considered.

It seems that the last of us have arrived. I wonder, what is with this excessively small class?

Shortly after the new arrivals sat down, a woman entered the classroom. She was wearing casual clothing - a pink shirt accompanied by blue jeans. She had pale blue eyes which flickered around the room as she walked towards the podium in the centre, and long mint-green coloured hair which reached down to her lower back. She had delicate features and looked like a young adult - if I had to guess, I'd say her age is somewhere around twenty-four.

"Good morning everyone! My name is Ishihara Akiko and I'm going to be your homeroom teacher for the next three years,  so we should get to know each other 'kay? I'll also be your instructor for English classes. The entrance ceremony will be in an hour, but before that I've got some written materials with information about this school's special rules for you all, as well as the admissions guides."

Ishihara-sensei passed each of us the familiar documents I'd recieved after being accepted.

This school differed from the multitude of other Japanese high schools in a few key ways. Here, all students were required to live in dormitories located on school premises. Also, except for special cases, such as studying abroad, students were forbidden to contact anyone outside the school. Even contact with your immediate family was forbidden without authorization. Naturally, leaving school grounds without permission was also strictly forbidden. 

However, the campus also came equipped with many excellent facilities. With its own karaoke spot, theater, café, boutique, and more, you could easily compare this school to a small city. The campus spread over more than 600,000 square meters.

This school boasted another unique feature: the S System.

"I will now hand out your student ID cards. Using these, you can access any of the facilities on campus, purchase goods from the store and so on. Basically, it's your credit card for your next three years here. Be careful with how much you spend, 'kay? I wouldn't want any of you running out of money in the first month. At this school, you can buy anything with points - you can purchase anything located on the school campus."

Our points, which were loaded on our ID cards, acted as our currency. It looked like the school would provide these free of charge.

"Your student cards are easy to use, all you do is swipe them through the machine scanner like you would a real credit card. Points are automatically desposited into your account on the first of every month. You should all have been given 100,000 points for this month. One point is equal to one yen, so the value of currency shouldn't be confusing. That's all."

Some eyes widened at the mention of being given 100,000 points, namely Kururugi and the white haired girl wore an expression of surprise. Ishihara kept the cheerful smile on her face and continued in her jovial tone.

"This school evaluates students' talents. All of you managed to get accepted her which speaks for itself about your value and potential. The amount you've been given reflects the evaluation of your worth. After you graduate, all your points will be returned to the school and there's no way to convert points to cash, so there's no point in saving them. You can do anything you want with your points - you can also transfer them to another student if you wish. Stealing and Extortion is strictly forbidden and will be punished if it's discovered, so make sure you don't do anything like that or you'll be in trouble~. This school monitors bullying very carefully."