xix. LIGHT IN THE DARK

ابدأ من البداية

        "I have no idea what happened," Foster sighed out. "The only thing I do know is that I don't like the sound of what she said."

        Deaton raised a brow, inquiring, "What did she say?"

        "She said something about this sacrifice doing something to me," Foster informed, Stiles quick to add on from beside her.

        "Something that sounded incredibly bad, might I add."

        Soon enough, Allison's voice was breaking the air, "Guys, we have four hours until the moon goes up. We need to act now."

        Foster nodded, agreeing, "We'll figure out what happened with my mom later, right now we actually need to save our parents who actually have a chance at living."

        The words pained Foster to say, but she knew that they held more truth than she'd like to believe. She hated thinking that her mother had the possibility to die, but she was aware that she has a better chance at saving her father as of right now. And she knew that she had to do just that.

        Isaac came up beside her, handing the shivering girl a towel. She twisted her hair, allowing a shower of droplets to soar to the floor before wrapping herself in the towel in an attempt to dyr off slightly.

        Glancing toward everyone, Foster then hesitantly questions, "So now that we know where the Nematon is, can we just go and find it now?"

        Scott shook his head softly, explaining, "I have to get back to Deucalion. I don't think we can get to them without his help."

        Stiles' eyes widened at this, exclaiming, "No, dude. You're not going back to them!"

        Foster nodded in agreement, seated on the back counter beside Isaac and Allison, Stiles and Scott leaned against the edges of the tubs. Foster couldn't believe that Scott was willing to go back to Deucalion again, now that they know where the Nematon is. They can save their parents without his help now, can't they?

        Scott glanced toward his best friend, countering, "I made a deal with Deucalion."

        Holding his arms out, Stiles puts out there, "Does anyone else think that this sounds a lot like a deal with the devil?"

        From beside her, Isaac questioned, "Why does it matter, anyway?"

        "Because," Scott began slowly, "I still don't think that we can beat Jennifer without their help."

        Shooting Deaton a look, Allison insisted, "He trusts you more than anyone. Tell him he's wrong."

        Of course, Deaton uttered the words that made all five teenagers want to slam their heads into the brick wall. "I'm not so sure he is. Circumstances like this sometimes make you align yourself with people you normally consider enemies."

        Foster felt her jaw drop, crying out in disbelief, "The guys calls himself freaking Death, Destroyer of Worlds!"

        Isaac nodded in agreement, adding on, "We're going to trust that guy?"

        "I wouldn't trust him," Deaton countered. Foster letting out a frustrated sigh. "But you can use him to your advantage. Deucalion may be the enemy, but he can also be the bait."

        They were all silent, thinking over Deaton's words when the sound of a door opening rings throughout the clinic. Foster raises a brow, wondering who the hell would be here. Deaton clearly has the closed sign up seeing that three teenagers just ritually sacrificed themselves.