"i've never had a crush for a year now so i've pretty much forgotten what it feels like to have one." i replied.

ever since abigail and i broke up, it was almost like i couldn't like anyone except for her. no matter how many times i've tried to be "in love" with another person, i just couldn't.

tim groaned. "you seriously need to go on a date with someone. might i suggest mister rodrick heffley hmm?" he smirked, nudging my arm with his elbow repeatedly. "come on, i've been seeing the both of you walk together every after school. what's going on with you two? are you guys dating now? spill the deets!"

"that bitch? please, i can't even stand him." i crossed my arms. instead of going back to the subject, tim decided not to shut up about rodrick.

"then why have you guys been hanging out then?"

"we didn't really hang out." i blew the strand of hair off my face. "rodrick wanted to be friends with me and he wanted to know me better so i'm kind of with him? but not really. in return, he drives me to my house."

"sounds like he's into you."

"well i hope the fuck not or else my mom would murder me." i laughed. "my mom hates the heffleys so much that if she finds out that i interacted to any of them, she would throw a fit."

"when is his birthday anyway?"

"i'm assuming around may 10?" i wore my backpack then crossed my arms.

"and what's your zodiac sign?"

"scorpio."

tim gasped then started to jump again. "oh my god wait, scorpios and taureans are made for each other. hazel, you and rodrick are meant to be!"

"i thought you hate rodrick?" i questioned. "also, where did you get iced coffee? it looks like caffeine's fucking you up again."

"yeah but come on, who wouldn't like boys like him? dark eyeliner, sexy hair, a drummer in a rock band; if i were you, i would let him rail me." tim chuckled, sipping on his coffee.

"no wonder girls the nicknamed him as rail me rodrick." i rolled my eyes.

"timothy anderson!" someone shouted from outside, startling tim.

"i gotta go, duty calls." he kissed me on the cheek then ran out of the restroom while sipping on his straw.

i took another look at my reflection, trying to make my hair all frizzy and messy except for my bangs. they couldn't stay put which is sometimes very annoying.

before i left the room, i suddenly heard someone whimpering in one of the cubicles. walking closer, i realized it was coming from the last row.

out of curiosity, i lightly knocked the door. "is everything okay in there? do you need a tampon or something?"

"n-no, thanks." she replied, breathing shakily. i stood closer to the door and crouched a bit while unzipping my bag.

"are you okay? would you like to talk about it? did something happen? it's okay if you're not comfortable yet to open up from a total stranger, i understand." i pulled out a few tissues from my bag. "here, i got some tissues for you in case if there are no more tissues left in there."

the girl took the tissues from my hand. "thank you. i'm fine, really just-having a bad day." she chuckled. "but i'm okay, thank you for asking."

"are you sure you're going to be fine here alone?"

"yes, thanks." she sniffled. i remember i used to be like this back in middle school: having mental breakdowns in our school restrooms. i don't quite remember what i've cried about in those times, but all i know is that i wasn't in the right headspace.