0┃9

✩。:•.─────  ❁ - ❁  ─────.•:。✩

After multiple failed attempts to persuade her manager, Joy was sitting in a café located in one of the quieter areas of the city.

When her manager had called her in the afternoon and told her that she was supposed to go on a date, Joy had tried her best to get herself out of the situation. But it was the CEO's order, to make the relationship look more realistic, so she couldn't go against it.

She had arrived at the café exactly at the time given to her, but there were no signs of her date. Joy ran her eyes around the café. It was covered in shades of brown and had a very homely feel to it. The lingering smell of coffee in the air only made the surroundings better and Joy decided that she could come here often. Looking out of the glass paneled wall for any signs of a particular arrival but when she got none, she sighed and fished her phone out of her jeans pocket.

Now that she was away from the guarding presence of her members, Joy could finally check what she had been wanting to see. It had been two days since the news of the relationship came out, but the topic was still burning. Her members, especially Irene, were completely against her checking out the comments by the netizens on the articles and Joy understood that they were just trying to protect her. But she couldn't hold in her curiosity. Well, how could she, when there were articles about her out there with thousands of people reacting.

She quickly opened the most trending article and skipped through the comments.

[+1975, -834] this is actually so unexpected... I never thought they'd be a couple

[+1883, 621] our sooyoungie has grown up huhu... congrats to both of you

[+1586, -499] ok... wonwoo has taste! Like damn she's hot AND talented, I'm going to stan I've been missing out

[+960, -581] who does she think she is? I hope she rots in hell.

[+1452, -774] they look so cute in the pictures... holding hands ahhhh... wonu I hope you're happy

[+1774, -993] I hope joy would be safe from those obsessive fans, they're crazy

"You shouldn't be looking at these."

Joy jerked as a voice rang above her. She lifted her head to meet the same face she had seen few days ago.

Before she could comprehend anything, Wonwoo was already seated across her. His eyes were fixed on her and even though she tried not to, she couldn't help but feel intimidated. The air surrounding them was filled with awkwardness.

Joy cleared her throat before speaking. "It's not that bad." She said. "Others had it worse."

"I'm talking about you."

"I'm not weak."

Joy's answer made Wonwoo blink and look away slightly. Her tone might've come off a bit rude but she meant what she said. She wasn't someone who would mull over this. She had been in the field for 6 years and it wasn't the first time she was coming across such comments.

This time Wonwoo was the one to clear his throat. "Have you ordered something?"

Joy only shook her head in answer.

Wonwoo gave a quick glance at the counter before turning back to her. "I'll place the order. What do you want?"

"Um, a latte would be nice."

Wonwoo nodded and walked away to order the drinks. Joy stared at the disappearing figure. She watched as he approached the counter with slow steps and how his shoulders were a bit sunken compared to the first time she met him.