0┃5

✩。:•.───── ❁ - ❁ ─────.•:。✩

"I'm screwed! I hope not." Joy mumbled. She took one last glance at her manager, who was asked to stay behind as only Joy was allowed to enter the meeting, and found her walking to a man. They seemed to know each other. What?

Keeping in mind to ask her about it later, Joy knocked on the door. She heard a 'Come in' and immediately identified the voice as her CEO's.

Shit they're already here.

She walked inside and closed the door behind her. Facing the crowd in the room, Joy apologized. "I'm sorry for being late." She bowed slightly, letting her hair guard her face. Fuck my life.

"Ah, its okay. We haven't been waiting for long." A voice, which Joy made out to be Pledis CEO's, said.

She raised her head to notice that there were three men in the room. Her gaze landed on the man sitting farther from the other two and her eyes widen in surprise.

It was Wonwoo from Seventeen.

She didn't realize that they were staring until someone coughed. It was as fake as Irene's blonde wig.

"Seeing the reaction, I think you guys already know each other." Pledis CEO stated but more like asked. His gaze was directed towards Wonwoo who nodded while Mr. Lee was looking at Joy who did the same.

"This is Pledis Entertainment's CEO Mr. Han. She's our artist Joy." Mr. Lee introduced, and Joy bowed to the other CEO.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir." She greeted, which was returned by a nod and 'Same.'

"Take a seat." Mr. Lee said, clearly indicating towards the seat next to Wonwoo. Joy did what she was told. It was not like she could sit anywhere else. She wasn't dumb enough to sit next to the CEO's and neither did she want to do that.

"So," Mr. Han sat up. "Do you know why we've called you here?"

Joy turned to look at Wonwoo, only to see him already looking at her. She shook her head and Wonwoo shrugged.

Both the CEO's exchanged smiles. "We'll keep this short and get straight to the point." Mr. Lee paused, as if he was delivering a declaration about world peace at the UN. It didnt help the situation though, it only made Joy's anxiousness grow.

"We want you two to pretend dating each other."

What? WHAT?!

Joy couldn't believe her ears. She was disturbed by the whole thought. The expression on her face must've been bizarre as Mr. Lee and Mr. Han let out a small laugh. Was this a joke to them?

"Are you kidding?" Wonwoo asked, his tone indicating that he was equally bewildered. He realized his mistake, quickly composing himself and slightly bowed.

Mr. Han didn't seem to mind, though. "Absolutely not." All the three men looked at Joy, expecting some sort of reaction. But she was too shocked to say anything.

Mr. Lee sighed. "Look, we're not doing this because we are free. We're doing it for both of your groups."

That's when Joy got her voice back. "But Sir, both the groups have enough talent and potential to attain popularity without being involved in a scandal."

Mr. Lee looked at Joy. "I know, I trust my artists a lot. But, as you already know, its been almost a year since Red Velvet had a group comeback. On top of that certain... stuff happened that was not too good."