Chapter 10 - Aelin

I was beyond confused, what was a rite.

"The rite is something that happens in the spring court once a year, Tamlin gets overrun with magic and well," she trailed off, looked at Rhys to help.

"He takes a woman into a special cave and fucks her to produce enough magic to rejuvenate the land for the following year." Rhys said with a snarl.

"What happens to the woman?" Lys asked.

"The woman doesn't have a choice in the matter, if Tamlin's magic draws him to her she can't fight it." Rhys said, eyes darkening, power rumbled through the room.

Lys looked ready to murder something. Feyre and Rhys locked eyes, a minute passed before Feyre blinked.

"Prick," she hissed at him, he laughed.

"Is that what I look like when I'm talking with Rowan?" I asked.

"That is exactly what it looks like," Fenrys grinned.

"What did he say to you?" I asked Feyre who was looking a little angry.

"Some stuff may have happened during the fifty years of the curse, stuff that Rhys didn't want to share with you, he also decided that pissing me off would be a good idea." She said, glaring at Rhys as she spoke.

"Anyway, are we still holding the ball or not?" Rowan asked.

"We are still holding the ball," I said, rolling my eyes as Manon scowled.

"Manon, you are a queen now, balls are something you must endure," Dorian reminded her, also catching her scowl.

"I am the queen of the witches, we don't hold balls," she hissed at him.

"Ladies with us," I chirped before Manon could unleash her nails.

We stood, Rhys catching Feyre's arm. A dress appeared in his other hand and he gave it to her. She took it, looking surprised.

I winked at Rowan, we both knew what they were, but it would seem they didn't, or at least, Feyre didn't.

'Yes, I know she is my mate and no, she doesn't know yet,' his voice whispered into my mind.

'That is seriously creepy,' I said back.

'Please don't tell her,' he asked, I gave him a nod before we left the room.

Feyre laid the dress Rhys had given her on the bed and stared at it in shock, it was stunning, the skirts were a midnight blue, the top pure black. The sleeves were made of mesh with swirls of black throughout. At first glance it looked like her tattoo.

"It's beautiful Feyre," Lys said as she examined the dress.

She didn't say anything, she just stared at it. Once she had snapped herself out of whatever world she had been in we all started to get ready.

Elide dressed in a slate grey strapless gown with a flowered bodice. Yrene wore a blush pink gown with a lace back and sleeves. Lysandra pulled on her navy-blue gown with off the shoulder silver sleeves and I slipped into my one shoulder cream gown with flower detailing's and a slit down one leg.

When Feyre emerged from the bathing room in her gown everyone stopped what they were doing. She looked stunning, despite her slim stature the dress managed to fit her perfectly and her tattoo blended into the sleeve.

"That suits you perfectly!" Lys exclaimed, Feyre gave her a soft smile.

Once Lys had done all of our hair the ball was about to begin. Being Queen I got to make a grand entrance, but I wanted Feyre to have one too, just to stop Rhys's heart.

The other women went down the grand stairs first, the hall falling silent. I glanced at Feyre who looked nervous.

"Ready to stop some hearts?" I whispered with a wink.

"Ready when you are," she replied and I offered her my arm, she took it and we walked through the grand doors.

Feyre's Dress:

Elide's Dress:

Elide's Dress:

Yrene's Dress:

Yrene's Dress:

Lysandra's Dress:

Lysandra's Dress:

Aelin's Dress: